Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Appleblossom
Community Elder

New Joke on my Fridge Door

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the Brits, in the weeks that followed, an American archeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after a story pubished in the New York Times: "American archeologists, finding traces of 250 year old copper wire, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the British."

One week later, the state's Dept of Minerals and Energy in Western Australia reported the following:

"After digging as deep as 30 feet in Western Australia's Pilbara region, Jack Lucknow a self-taught archeologist, reported that he found absolutely #!!&? all. Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Australia had already gone wireless."

Not good at telling jokes ... but this jiggled my funny bone ... can relate after digging for soil and other core samples ... stomping around in my field trip boots.

Gotta be sad for the guys out at Oaky Mining camp with Black Lung. I never trusted the corporate mining types saw them at uni first ... glad I decided not to go into Mining after Geology. 

cheers nerdy ole Apple

16 REPLIES 16

Re: New Joke on my Fridge Door

Good one @Appleblossom!

@Appleblossom. I like that joke. Thanks. Always up for a giggle

An old joke:

"Smile - then everyone will wonder what you've been up to"...

@Former-Member@Faith-and-Hope@Shaz51Do you have any jokes to share?

Unless you think we should start a new thread?

I had some really good ones, but I've gone & forgotten them...

I'll have to wait till I remember (if I do).

All my jokes are are in my head (somewhere), none are written down. Many are from 20 or 30 years ago (that I've not heard since then).

Adge

Oh here's some more (they're joke stickers from years ago):

1) "Don't Steal! - The Government hates competition".

2):smileysad:+Beer Mug (picture)=Smiley Happy

3) A cigarette lighter (I have), with a picture of a Marijuana leaf (on it). It says "Home Grown"

Notice on Corporate NoticeBoard:

"Due to economic restraint, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off. Until further notice...

One of my Dad's old jokes:

"I thought I finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel - but it was only a guy with a torch, bringing me more work..."

"Old bushwalkers never die - they just smell that way..." (Dad was an experienced bushwalker, & so was I once).

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

They are Good @Adge, haha. i have a couple:

1. A patient visits the Dr with a bladder problem and asks the Dr "Do you know anything about incontinence?" The Dr replies, "No, I never studied geography"

2. My wife made me a coffee this morning, and winked as she passed it to me. I have never been more scared of a drink in all my life.

@Adge, @Former-Member, @utopia, @Kurra

" Did you hear about the man who walked into a Bar ----- OUCH " Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.