Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Adge
Senior Contributor

Re: GRATITUDE

Goldfinch HD Wallpaper | Background Image | 2048x1400 | ID ...I love these Dudes - Goldfinches.

I have 4 (2 pairs) - they're fast-fliers, so colourful.

They can even land upside-down, & hang upside-down (from aviary Roof) - So Funny....

Adge

They can even land upside-down, & hang upside-down (from aviary Roof)--- really @Adge , wow , xxxx

Adge
Senior Contributor

Yep it's pretty spectacular - they're the only bird I know of that does that @Shaz51

Just imagine 50 (or 100) Goldfinches all hanging upside-down from large aviary Roof (at Big Bird Shop).

I've seen that....

Adge

Adge
Senior Contributor

30 Best Funny Tweety Bird Quotes

ha ha me either @Adge , as i am up a least 4 times a night every night

BUT , I am grateful I have a bed to lay on

hello @Scoo Smiley Very Happy

Scoo
Senior Contributor

I have so much to be grateful for in my life. I was able to give birth and raise 2 beautiful children. I have a stable roof over my head, a reliable car (despite it being 10 years old and on 220,000 km) and enough money to pay the bills and have a holiday each year. 
I enjoy my job and have work colleagues that make me laugh every day. I can hear the ocean when I settle into bed each night and I wake up to birdsong each morning. I have a really comfortable mattress to sleep on. I have an ensuite bathroom! I have friends and family who love me. I have a cat I love to cuddle and I have loved many pet dogs. 
I was born in a country where I won't be persecuted for my political views or religious beliefs. 
I was introduced to a lovely website last year about being grateful: gratefulness.org

I am gratefule for friends and family and just communities i am part of.

Life is not meant to be loved totally alone. Even just small interactions can be good. @Shaz51

Hey @Scoo
Nice to meet you. Some great points there 🙂
Bimby2
Senior Contributor

Very wise words and well worth remembering. Thank you for same.
Have a great Friday and weekend to follow. Best wishes always. Bimby2.
greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Shaz51 Hey my sisterHeart I am grateful for so many things it is impossible to mention them all but some are ..... being grateful for my family, being grateful like @Exoplanet for my formite friends, being grateful for my health and living in this beautiful country :)xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.