Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Ditching the Ciggers

@sara  @eudemonism  if I can do it you can .. have a browse of my ramblings if you like .. No cigs 2019

IMG_7162.PNGIMG_7163.PNG

That’s freaking awesome @TAB that you’ve done it 👍🏻👊🏻. Well done you! 

Hi @Teej  ..thankyou .. um yeah its been a journey, worst urges were after 4 mths also worst side effects like coughing etc now just have to start looking after self a bit more in general

Hope you are going alright dont see you that often these days

That’s great about looking after yourself @TAB . I remember thinking that the cough and the gunk I bought up would never end but it does. And you don’t really notice it until you see someone coughing that you’ve gone past it. 

Im ok. I’ve really had a crappy year last year but as this year has gone on it’s getting better. Think I’m finally starting to work myself out a bit more. It’s pretty much about time too :face_with_rolling_eyes:😜. I know I’ll always fall over with an over reaction to something still but I’m getting there slowly. 

It it looks like you are a bit too. 💜🤗

yes, no gunk for months then ok dr said take ab's then choking on crap @Teej  seems a lot better today but it did in the morning last couple days too. 

yes, made some highly questionable in a way decisions last 6 ish months re work and money. most of them were about removing me from horrible situations tho. Need new career/ to retire lol but am in debt let alone broke lol 

Good work @TAB 😄 any advice on how to get through the first few days/weeks? And any warnings about stuff to be wary of? + what changes have you noticed IN your self ? I'm finding that I'm undecided about quitting or continuing... I'm finding that i don't really care about smoking and quitting... - because the withdrawals and changes that need to be made are to hard to deal with + i don't know anything else.. i don't know any other way..

patches at start and if you smoke as much as I did, get back up like lozenges etc @eudemonism  after a few weeks then read up on big tobacco and keeping people addicted to nicotine, so ditched patches, with lozenges as required have been lots changes and somethings changing back again

lots easier to blow candles out

shocked at how things smell

wash clothes a lot more often lol

veins in face actually got worse not better as effects of cigs masking other things but yeah overall its for good, body really turned on self after 4 mths was /is weird

oh plus the money dont have to work nearly as much now. anyway, up to you

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello chipmunk-01.jpeg

Haven't forgotten you @TAB  

Amazing determination, well done 🤗

How's the job situation?

Eat your veggies 😊

Hey @Former-Member 😸 yeah sitting at home til no job looks. Still coughing plus throat sore despite false dawns
Former-Member
Not applicable

"false dawns" ??
You don't sound too good @TAB
Lots of self care for you...
Dr Eor's instructions 😁
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.