Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Baby steps - bucket list

Good morning 😊

I bought myself a bucket list book and before you say, you wouldn't know what to write, neither did I. But I've decided to use my bucket list book for the baby steps of my recovery. It might not have been a big deal for me to travel constantly & internationally for work a few years back, but now I'm scared and my first domestic flight on my own is on my bucket list and I wrote down why it's so important for me that it's on my bucket list.

Perhaps one day I will have a bucket list again that says, wanna climb Mt Everest, jump out of a plane (with a parachute) but for now it's the little things in life that are just not as easy to do as they used to be.

I should've started that when I left hospital, when the bucket list would have had items like, leaving the house on my own the first time, doing a grocery shop, using a credit card... the first time I left hospital I felt like I had to learn all the basics in life again.
3 REPLIES 3
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Baby steps - bucket list

a bucket list sounds really... hopeful i think @Former-Member . a good view of the possibilities of a future! starting realistic is probably the first step of success! There are many things that weren't frightening for me a few years ago, which are now so hard, which means i think i can relate to your need to have certain items on the list now. Good luck with your list!

Yeah it is for most of 'S A D Kids'.....Any age group....once l discovered the true experienced Diagnosis ....several months ago ....all that we researched finely made sense...one didn't have to guess at 'Magical Thinking' and become concerned with our differences compared to the 'perceived normality....

In truthfully one senses feels Empowered ...one finally has been given the great tools to work out an extremely interesting mental puzzle into a Positive way of Being....NEO

Hello @Former-Member

Starting a bucket list is a great idea, I suppose there will be times where you have big goals, but small daily goals that are perhaps still difficult to do but if you make them manageable you will get to the big stuff, I also have a list of small goals and them some bigger ones, but I have not actually written them down to cement them in, I will have to try it and see how I go!

Lunar 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.