Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Crazy cat lady here too @Honnorah - who also loves dogs. I was always a cat person until I got my little dog - now he is my world and I could not imagine life without him. I lost my beautiful girl last year but also had a kitten at the time - now she rules the house lol

Hi, I’m Jade30. I have Schizoaffective disorder and this is my 21st year fighting it. The past year, I’ve spent a lot of time resting to keep healing from 2 particularly nasty episodes over the past 2 years. I’m coming to peace with more limited capacity, though it’s hard. I’m excited about my sister being pregnant-I’m going to have a new niece next year, saving up all my energy for cuddles with her!! Oh and also, I love baking every so often and making healthy treats 🙂 

Welcome @Jade30 😊

Hello and welcome @Jade30 the forums👋! I hope you find the forums a great place to be, full of advice, support and friendship! I’m a Community Guide here who has a lived experience of schizophrenia as one of my conditions so I can understand to a certain point as to what it must be like with schizoaffective disorder. The best advice I can give you is keep on living your best life and don’t give up!

Take care!

Judi9877☺️💐

Thanks @Judi9877  that’s really kind! Great advice, living my best life and never giving up. One thing I’ve promised myself over the years is that I’ll never give up on myself, I’m here for the long run 🙂

Hello

Hi, I'm 65 and in the last couple of years since I finished work (under unpleasant circumstances that resulted in a Workcover claim) I've struggled mental health wise more and more.  I've been using maladaptive strategies to get through life (bulimia in my 20's and a lot of alcohol in 20s-late 50's) and identify with many BP characteristics, esp. very low/ no sense of self worth, great difficulty regulating emotions, understanding boundaries or setting them for myself.  Also some ASD characteristics.

Wondered if anyone has found schema therapy helpful and can suggest some practitioners in Melbourne?

tyme
Community Lead

Re: Hello

Welcome to the forums @sixtyfive !

Great to have you connect with us. I'm sure there are many who are able to share their experiences with you.

I wanted to quickly clarify. When you mentioned BP characteristics, did you mean bipolar? borderline personality disorder?

I meant borderline characteristics

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi @sixtyfive 

Welcome to the forums! I'm one of the peer moderators here at SANE. I can definitely relate to using maladaptive strategies to get through some rough periods in my life. My main issue is anxiety and fortunately I've come to use healthier strategies. I hope you can get some answers. I'm not in Melbourne so can't help with specific services down there. 

Looking forward to seeing you around here.

Hanami

Hi @sixtyfive ,

Ahhhh, thank you for clarifying. 

If you look at The Australian BPD Foundation, you'll be able to look at their newsletter which contains BPD supports in each state.

In Melb, they have a personality disorder clinic called Spectrum. But I've heard it is very hard to access.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.