Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

BraveOne
Senior Contributor

Something to Look forward to !

So I had an awesome realsiation the other morning . I looked back to a time in my life when I was happier......( Depression truly sux! ) and I realsied it was when I was with a certain Ex.... no it wasnt the Ex that "made me happy"   it was that I was alive and wanting to do stuff..... I had something  to look forward to....... So Ive started reconnecting to a couple of  things that used to feel good.

reminds me of an article I read a while back about getting  kids to eat new foods.... gotta keeep trying  and not give up on one or two goes.....to see if the neurons spark up in my body which means doing  it  a few goes. and seeing how I feel. .... So im not swinging off the chandeliers yet however Im getting a change of scenery.....something is moving... even from thought to action .... . I wouldnt say Im consistently happy yet however there are moments of feeling content..... Its kinda goood to ahve discovered this clue about life.... Something to look forward to......

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Something to Look forward to !

@BraveOne I just want to say that reading your post made me feel really positive within myself, so thank you for sharing that with us all. I'm really happy to hear you are feeling a shift - any step towards positivity and a sense of calm is worth celebrating

💙

@HappyCastlethanks for letting me know, Good to hear you're feeling positivity from my post.

Yessss moving towards calm! Great to share a moment of celebration with You !

Hi @BraveOne - glad you have started to plan in some pleasurable activities for yourself and that you are reaping the benefits. What have you gotten back to that used to spark joy for you?

thanks @Gwynn  I reconnected with swimming and being in water .

That sounds lovely, @BraveOne ! Here's a long list of pleasurable activities that I've used for inspiration in the past when trying to schedule pleasant activities into my day: https://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/~/media/CCI/Mental%20Health%20Professionals/Depression/Depression%2...

@Gwynn  wowsers that's one huge inspiring list! 

Yeah, there’s always something to do on the list. 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.