Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Lisnowy
Contributor

Hopeless

I've been feeling suicidal for several weeks now,I have help from doctor and mental health, but don't seem to be able to climb out of the deep hole I am in,I feel like I am never going to get better, 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Hopeless

Hey @Lisnowy I am really glad to see you on the forums reaching out... just wanted to check you're feeling safe today? formaggio

I don't feel safe every day, always looking for an easy way out!

Sorry to hear things are tough today @Lisnowy 

I've just sent you an email checking in. 

formaggio

Hey @Lisnowy 

What does safe feel like for you?  For different people, safe can mean different things such as the feeling of part of a community or having a social structure where they feel protected by friends and family. 

What is it that missing that causes you to feel unsafe?

Cheers

Hi @Lisnowy just thought I would check-in and see how you are doing? It sounds like you had a rough morning. Let me know how you are travelling 
Heart

I'm reading a module on building self compassion, it really makes sense,rather than beat myself up, treat myself as I would treat someone that is going through what I am going through, wish I had been given this a long time ago

Great to hear from you @Lisnowy 

Please keep with us and tell us how you are going and if for some reason you end up having a bad day, please seek some help.  

Kateeg84
Senior Contributor

Hey it's good you reached out here for help and support. I know that it can seem really difficult on your dark days, I've been there. I held onto the fact that it has to get better at some point. Take one day at a time, one minute at a time if you have to. You can do this! 

I so wish there was an easy way to end my life
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.