Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Leonine
New Contributor

Hi from Leonine

Thank you for accepting me into the group. I would say that my go to self care is curling up somewhere restful with a book and falling asleep with my beautiful Siamese Miss Kitty. Other than that I get a lot of pleasure from my tame parrots.

I've never joined a group like this before. Several members of my family including me live with PTSD. I've just realised that it is a daily thing. I hope to understand how to not fall down the rabbit hole and get lost and isolated.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hi from Leonine

Hi @Leonine 

Welcome💕

Thankyou for sharing.

I like your self care activities. I like to curl up & rest when I'm feeling spent. I have never had the pleasure of pet birds. I have seen videos & was shocked how friendly & intelligent they can be. So lucky.

I liked your insight that PTSD was a daily maintenance. I'm not sure why this hadn't occurred to me regarding my own MH. I guess we notice the very bad days & can overlook the smaller ones by comparison. I will use this insight going forward. It speaks about an awareness of self & recognising own needs as important.

Well done in taking steps to reach out. I think you could have lots to offer many members here & perhaps build connections for yourself🦄💕

Hi @maddison 

So great to see you. That's such a good point you make about neglecting self-care when things are going well. It's easy to do as we coast along in our busy lives. 

Welcome to the @Leonine . It's so great to have you here. The great thing about the forums is that you can share us much or as little as you like. I've been around here as a peer worker since March and have to say it is such an amazingly supportive community. I see so many members making such strong connections, it's wonderful. 

Looking forward to seeing you around. 

Hanami ❤️

Hey there @Leonine 

It is lovely to meet you, my name is Amber22 and I work here at SANE as a Peer Support Worker. I am so glad that you have joined our forums, it is such a lovely online environment to go to if you ever wanted to speak about anything that is on your mind, or need some advice with whatever you have going on at the moment. 

Thank you for sharing that you suffer with PTSD, and that sometimes it can be a bit of a rabbit hole for you. I am sure that there are many members online that really related when you said that, it makes us all feel a bit less alone when we are able to read that other people might be experiencing something similar! 

As for your self care, I absolutely LOVE reading recently. What is your favourite genre to read? Mine previously was self help books, but now I am more into fiction. I love having a read in the bath at the end of a long day, that is my favourite thing to do. 

Sending hugs and glad to have you here, 

Amber22

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.