Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: SorrRe: 27 yo with severe depression and dying mother.

Hi @Lisa2 

Just saw the message thread and realise the sad news.  My deepest condolonscenes.  Loosing someone is very hard but loosing your mother is like loosing something that is part of you. 

How are you going today? 

Just remember to take one day at a time.  Even one hour at a time.  Things can be very numb and you cannot function but you are.  Its Ok to be sad and its ok to be happy.  I hope you find your peace and acceptance.  

Also happy belated birthday, turning 28 years old is a blessing as you are still under 30 years old but your a mature as you surpass 25 years old.  When your ready start making small steps in getting yourself balance and happiness.  I suggest write your feelings everyday and forgive yourself when you are angry.  Also be nice to yourself so you can start healing.

Best wishes and lots of blessings 

Hi @Lisa2 

I just wanted to reach out to say that I’m so deeply sorry to hear about the loss of your mum Smiley Sad

It can be incredibly confronting to watch someone die and I can’t even begin to imagine the pain and distress of watching your mum take her final breathes - this is absolutely heart breaking Heart

Please know that I’m thinking of you and remember that you’re always welcome to reach out here whenever you need to Heart

Sending you some very gentle hugs at such a difficult time Heart

Take care of yourself,

ShiningStar Heart

Re: 27 yo with severe depression and dying mother.

Hi Lisa2

Sorry to hear your story.

Watching your mother struggle is something i am so familiar with. My mother had stage 4 stomach cancer and lost her battle. I was also her carer and this brings on enormous responsibilities that overwhelm mentally and physically. She died  8 years ago this year and I still have patches where i am extremely guilty that i was unable to do more for her.

The act of feeling responsible is mentally draining and it is easy to say that you shouldn't be but it is hard. It isnt uncommon that you push people away ( i have done that) because they don't really have an insight of what is really going on with you. Some people push us away unintentionally because they dont understand what it means to walk in our shoes.

Places like this offer a friendly ear and advice and allows you to express what you are feeling. I am going to see a therapist soon because  its time to deal with the situations I am experiencing. A great GP also helps. Have you thought about that? Dont deal with it alone keep talking to get ideas how to handle things and try to subsitute drinking with a long walk, exercising etc.

thinking of you

Hi lisa

Condolences to both you and your sister at this heartbreaking time.

It brought back memories of watching my mother take her last breath. It takes a while to get over it the love between you will be forever. Remember the good times and not the pain she went through. Big hugs to you x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.