Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Josiejos
New Contributor

I am a 24 yr old woman

Lost and confused. I have never dreamt of something or someone I wanted to be . I just thought adulthood was where I wanted and couldn't wait to get there.. now I find myself having tourble making the most simplist tasks hard to manage and cope. I feel so isolated and different I just want to be like everyone else

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I am a 24 yr old woman

iHi @Josiejos and welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

I think life is an ongoing journey of discovery and learning. We are all different and have our own path to follow. No matter what stage we are in life, it is never too early nor too late to find what we enjoy and pursue that path for ourselves. That does however oten mean breaking down our own personal situation, adjusting our epectations and preconceived ideals/ideas and making a plan on what we can achieve right now and what we need to work towards. 

As for being 'like everyone else' - there are many varied and different people in this world. There is no right or wrong way to BE - there is just ourselves against the world and being who we are is more importsnt than being 'like' others. In joing this forum though you have actually achieved that goal - we are all different, have different struggles but we are all bound by mental illness in some form - and you joining us here you are not only sharing in that life but also now part of this community. 

Now it can be about leaning on us, talking to us and finding along the way your own path to follow. In doing so also allow yourself time to work out where you want to go, how you can achieve that whilst also recognising that being your own self is more important than following what others do because it is only by being true to yourself that you can successfully and happily be who you wnat to be in this world.

Again - welcome to the forum - where you are valued for being you and supported to find both yourserlf and a way forward Heart

Beautifully written @Zoe7 I agree and welcome @Josiejos

@LostAngel 👍💖😁

@Josiejos , I have heard it said that in every adult there is a child who is wondering what happened... Maybe this is you? I break down tasks into their smallest components and treat it as a win if I manage them. Sometimes posting my goals here helps me out because people ask me about them.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.