Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Former-Member
Not applicable

ABC MH Article

8 REPLIES 8

Re: ABC MH Article

@Former-Member  interesting article EOR. I wish I heard music instead of my abusive male voice who just gets me into trouble or the chorus of abusive voices screaming at me.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh @greenpea, I wish for you more music too. You have so much courage facing those Voices every day. I pray they will still, fade away, to make way for song. As our MP said - "believe in miracles"
Try fill today with all the things you love 💞

@Former-Member  Thank you EOR :Dxxx I definitely believe in miraclesxxx

I’m blessed to know Heidi. She has really helped me come to terms with things. She is an amazing soul. Xx

hugs @greenpea I didn't know you were troubled by abusive voices, I'm so sorry to hear that Heart

@BryanaCamp  Thanks BryanaCamp. One time I remember it was really bad I was in my kitchen, this is years ago but like yesterday, and they were all screaming abuse at me it was like a hideous chorus of abuse from all around the room. Lasted minutes seemed like hours .... I thought there were microphones in the house .... I think that is why my brain is fried my mind cannot cope with too much stress these days .

On a bright note since I have been on the right meds all of it is a distant memory which gets blocked out by my mind trying to protect itself.

I am so glad you found helpful meds @greenpea. My life is better since being on anti-psychotics.

I know what you mean about brain-fry, I can't concentrate well enough to sew or knit these days. And when I wrtie a job application I have to cut & paste the same things over 'cos I can't write from scratch.

I tend to hear abuse irl when people are emotionally abusive like my mother. It's so ingrained, subtle & manipulative that it takes too long for me to recognise it, by then my psychotic symptoms & powerlessness have been set off.

@BryanaCamp  yes thank god for anti psychotics. xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.