Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Peonies
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

Hello wonderful carers 👋

In this month's event, we will be discussing how you are balancing your caring duties with other life responsibilities, the challenges you are facing, as well as sharing some ideas on how you can manage the demands of caring, family, life, and work/study. 

September Carers Event.png

Join us right here on this thread for a 1.5 hours text-based discussion on the 22nd of September 2020!  More information to come🌻 

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 8:30pm AEST monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text-based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

What time does this event start in my timezone?

• AEST- 7pm
  • ACDT- 6:30pm
  • ACST- 5:30pm
  • WST- 4pm

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

57 REPLIES 57

Re: Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

Hi everyone, 

A very warm welcome to all who is joining us tonight 🌻 

I'm tagging those who have supported the previous post to receive a reminder for tonight’s event @Anastasia  @Dee1609 @Magnolia2  @eth  @outlander   @Windflowers @Shaz51  @Adge 

In our everyday lives, we all have a range of different roles and responsibilities we need to fulfill. It can be challenging for carers to balance the demands of caring, family, and work when they overlap. So, how can we manage our competing priorities?

In tonight’s event, we will be sharing how we manage various life responsibilities, thus thinking about how to balance these roles and responsibilities as carers. We hope that through tonight's event, you will get to connect with other carers on the forum and learn some strategies from each other on how you can effectively and efficiently balance these tasks 🐣 🤸

Just a reminder to everyone that this is an online text-based event that is happening right here on this thread! Refresh your browser every few minutes to keep up with the latest posts, and be sure to hit the reply button to get involved!

Please introduce yourself and let us know what brought you to tonight's event 😄 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

Hi, 

This is my first time here and I wanted to see how this process works. I also wanted to say I think the topic for this tuesday is so imporant. I'm not a carer  but I understand how important it is to balance the demands of caring, family, and work ect. and prioritising can be a real challange. 

Hi there @Quark 
Welcome to the forums! It is a text-based event that is happening here on this thread. Make sure you refresh your browser to keep up with the latest posts Heart Hopefully we can learn a little from each other about how we can manage and balance their priorities! We will get started in a little bit with the first question! 

hello @Peonies@Quark Smiley Very Happy

Hello @Peonies 

My caring role is set to ramp up, I don't know if I will be able to manage any work but am very much aware of the need to support myself.

Hi there @Shaz51 lovely to see you tonight Smiley Happy

Hi @Former-Member So glad to have you here at our event tonight! I will post the first question in a moment Smiley Happy

Question 1:

Firstly, I want to ask everyone, do you have other roles and responsibilities besides your caring roles? If so, what are they ? 

This could be between working and being a carer or being a carer and juggling other spheres in your life (studying, parenting, caring for another loved one, etc.)

@Peonies, @Former-Member , @Quark 

I have become my elderly mum's carer wo will need more support 

and finding we need to cut back on our self employed jobs 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.