Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Special Events

TuxedoCat
Senior Contributor

โ€Œ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ Happy Pride Month and Topic Tuesday โ€Œ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

For those I havenโ€™t e-met yet, Iโ€™m TuxedoCat. June is Pride Month! ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

Itโ€™s 2 weeks into Pride Month so I wanted to reach out to invite all LGBTQIA+ and questioning people on the forums to join our LGBTQIA+ social thread! Itโ€™s a place where we can chat about fun things or give special support to each other. Click here to join in and introduce yourself!  Re: LBGTIQ+ Social Space 

At our Topic Tuesday on June 28, I'll be discussing my own lived experience of being queer with @Former-Member  and @TideisTurning. Weโ€™ll chat about the radical history of Pride Month, finding connection and building community and growing up regionally!

All LGBTIAQ+ and questioning people, allies and those caring for LGBTIAQ+ people are invited to attend! Support this post and weโ€™ll make sure to tag you in the Topic Tuesday post or interact here to be reminded when we start or jump into the post here Topic Tuesday // Pride Month: Connection and Growth // Tues 28th June, 2022 7-8:30PM AEST 

And also, I wanted to share some specific mental health resources for our beautiful LGBTIAQ+ & questioning community:

• P4T: Peer support for and by trans communities, available Wednesday and Thursday 11am-7pm for people in NSW.
  • QLife 1800 184 527: Provides LGBTQIA+ peer support and referral for people wanting to talk about a range of issues including sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships. Available 3pm-midnight.
  • YarnsHeal: First Nations Brotherboy and Sistergirl suicide prevention

If you have an LGBTIAQ+ person in your life or spot someone on the forums needing a little extra love, here some resources to support others

Can't wait to chat with you all about this โค๏ธ 

1 REPLY 1

Re: โ€Œ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ Happy Pride Month and Topic Tuesday โ€Œ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

pride-month-memes-15-1559585692932.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.