Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: why can't I cope longer?

It is great news to hear that you picked up your van @Former-Member I look forward to hearing all about how you set it up - so exciting Smiley Very Happy

It was good to finish the week and get to the weekend - Fridays seem to be very long with a lunch duty with the Kinders and then the preps all afternoon. Next week I will only have 2 days at work as I have a 2 day workshop Monday and Tiesday. Those will be long days but I am interested in the topic so it should be good.

Hope you have a good weekend playing with your van Smiley Very Happy

@Former-Member 

Your enthusiasm is catchy, made me smile and I needed a smile.

Wont share more big stuff as I did a big spill on a thread called "Fragile"  which you are free to join in.

Smiley EmbarassedSmiley FrustratedSmiley SadSmiley IndifferentSmiley Mad

I have fundraiser for choir today, practise tomorrow.

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20190323_191503.png

@Zoe7   @Appleblossom 

Liking your posts because the system won't let me do it the usual way. Or edit... bit over it 😕  Anyway, Gotchya posts. 

Today I bought x2 new cot mattresses at an OP shop $20 each. This will be my 'L' shape lounge / bed 🙂 Figure the springs will be more comfe than foam. 

Its starting to come together. The neighbours cat was intrigued, stepping up in to investigate, then sit in the doorway looking out at me 🙂 friendly little thing. 

You know, it occurred to me that there's nobody in my REAL life I can tell about my new wheels... Their seems to be negativity & opposition to my Road Trip plans... I'm glad I have you guys here though 🙂

Will try venture out to find your threads more. 

Maybe dont go on 4 wheel drive tracks. @Former-Member 

There is a grey nomad thing happening. Lotsa people do it.

What were their worries?

You are slowly getting things together for the van @Former-Member It is all pretty exciting from where I am sitting - an brand new adventure you will be on and on your own time and when you want Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

🚐

I think its exciting, but ppl think

- its not safe

- I won't look after myself

- its not good for the dog

- cars break down

- its getting too cold

- too lonely

Anyway, done it now

I don't know anymore

Its keeping me alive...

I personally think it is a great thing you are doing @Former-Member - get out there and experience life while you can. You never know what will be around the corner and what wonderful experiences you may have if you don't give it a go. This could be amazing for you EOR Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ever get that feeling of DRED - that you've made a terrible mistake? 

I think what you are feeling is quite natural @Former-Member You have been on an adrenalin high since you got the van and with the release of a little of that adrenalin you are having some moments of thinking you have made a mistake. What you are doing is very brave and also exciting but there is also the reality of getting everything ready and then actually getting out on your own. That can also be quite scary but I have the belief in you that not only can you do that but you will enjoy the adventure also. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Zoe7, appreciate your post, while 

You know, while clucking around in the van I had a terrible thought that iIwas doing out my own coffin 😞  ... ... and that triggers the anxiety ... that I'll mess up, get too stressed and not be able to find help, and quietly slip away. ......

REALLY HATE THESE NVASIVE DEATH THOUGHTS! They're not mine! Idont want them! Yet here iiam stuck with  this involuntary mental default, especially when iileast need it 😞 Are  we, the depressed EVER free of them? My 'thorn in the he flesh' maybe... so exhausting.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.