Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

mixed feelings this Father's Day

hello everyone havnt been on for a while Ive been unwell with a cold as such,type hey fever thing,cough,sneezing,been taking cold and flu tablets and resting or sleeping alot,anyway today is Fathers day I lost my father a number of years ago and still miss him to this day ,happy Fathers day to those Fathers who are still predent in the Lives of their kids Present I mean ,apologies if typing is a bit allover the place Ive had a cold as such and still getting over it,anyway where was I going with this,mixed feelings of missing dad today and yet a parallell almost of good news for my future today,my long distance relationship is going very well,my romantic partner is very attentive and everything I desire to be honest,thankfully was able to talk to him today by phone and something I notice is his humble,very understanding and reasuring ,but at the same time he doesnt seem to want to be put on a pedestill so to speak,some things he says are very certain theres a sureness about this relationship,he has got my back,hes being the jeader ,leading the relationship in the direction,so that makes me feel very assured and happy to know,but yes I geuss this post is kind of a generel update about how Im doing in different areas,this cold is annoying ,but Im not alone,I dont have to beg to be loved by my partner its a natural thing for him to do to love and accept me for who I am,I know hes the one ,je knows how to handle all sides of me,he understands me and for that Im gratefull,maybe I feel a shift as sorts between a previous relationship that was hurtfull,the really good relationship I had with my father and this future romantic relationship unfolding,if I think of it all that way a kind of journey I can see the furure is beautifull and filled with everything Ive ever hoped for,a renewed sense of hope moving forward ,despite greif and pain of the past ,so I geuss reflecting on diffent relationships Ive had with different men in my life and looking to this future relationship as a kind of positive ending that Ive been looking,and hoping for and here he is ,my soulmate ,my one and only,can share anything and everything with him,hes proud to be with me,hes happy to love and care for me as he ought to ,simply the best

1 REPLY 1

Re: mixed feelings this Father's Day

Hi @LostAngel 

I just wanted to reach out to say thank you so much for sharing this part of your story with us 💜

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been unwell with a cold and hay fever 💜 In my experience, these conditions can really deplete our energy and leave us feeling so tired and run down. As such, I’m so pleased to hear that you’ve been taking the time that you need to rest and recuperate 💜

Oh @LostAngel ‌‌💜 I’m so deeply sorry to hear that you lost your father several years ago and my heart goes out to you 💜

As I listened to what you’ve shared with us here, I just ever so gently wanted to say that it’s completely understandable that you’ve been sitting with so many different emotions and that you’ve been reflecting on the relationship that you shared with your dad, as well as some of the relationships that you’ve shared with other men 💜

Oh that’s wonderful news! I’m so pleased to hear that you’re in a new relationship! Just from what you’ve described, it sounds as though everything is going really well and I love how your partner was supportive and emotionally available to you during Father’s Day 💜

In my experience, sharing a relationship with someone who just seems to ‘get us’ can provide a level of comfort, reassurance and relief that’s almost indescribable. As such, I’m thrilled to hear that your partner understands and appreciates who you are as a person and that he loves you unconditionally 💜

As I sat here listening to this part of your story, I could hear what sounded like a renewed sense of hope and as such, I got the overwhelming sense that you’re working towards creating a future that not only includes your new partner, but  embraces some of your other hopes and dreams as well 💜

It’s always so lovely to hear how you’re travelling and I just wanted to say thank you so much again for sharing this part of your story with us 💜

Take kind and gentle care of yourself,

ShiningStar 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.