Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Aggie
Senior Contributor

What am I experiencing

I am really struggling at the moment, and I would just love to see if anybody has felt like this all understand what I’m saying

I feel really confused at the moment everything so unfamiliar. It’s got that really that really unfamiliar feeling so unsettling.

I feel I’m in psychosis and have pain for sometime but I’m aware of it is that possible? i’m finding it hard for people to understand me at the moment I’m really forgetful of words. I can’t string the sentence together very well. I feel my brain is moving too fast for people I feel so lost it’s such a lost feeling can someone tell me if they experienced anything like this please? I’m about two weeks in on this. Thank you so much.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: What am I experiencing

Good Evening @Aggie ,

Firstly, welcome to the forums and sharing what's happening for you at the moment.

Your experiences certainly sound familiar. I'm sure members will be able to respond to how you may be feeling right now. You will hopefully feel less alone.

I look forward to seeing you around on the forums 🙂

tyme

You're writing seems pretty organized so I'm guessing this is manifesting more the talking to the people sort of thing (like a sort of social critical mass). Or, maybe it's more of a new thoughts type of thing (like a sort of existential critical mass). I've had my fair share of both of those things.

If it's the first one I'd say it's all about safety (nice people, environment, vibe etc)

If it's the second one, I'd say it's all about presence (mindfulness, grounding activities, affirmation, etc)

Those might be places to look at.

It's hard to fully tell but I get your point about the 2 weeks. 2 weeks of what you describe seems a bit on the stretched side. I wonder if it's going up and down or if it's more of in more of a holding pattern. If symptoms persist, maybe a clinician or a physician would have some useful ideas.

Thank you for sharing . Your reaching out in this forum is a huge thing. I’m really impressed at how you articulated  your current challenges. There are many people who have been in this same state of mind. When this happens , it’s difficult to “do” anything at all. You could try a very small walk even if it’s to the end of your street and back. This may help create some endorphins which may make you feel a bit more settled? Playing something through your headphones while you walk may lessen those feelings which you described ? You could try music that you would normally like ( I say normally because right now you probably don’t think you’re respond well to it but you’d be surprised ). Mindfulness apps are also a good start. 
Your GP would be a great start to feeling better. Good luck and thanks for sharing . You are not alone. 

thank you so much you’re so correct I realized last night I was going through an episode and I hit the peak of it yesterday and I can see I’ve been under a lot of stress and pressure and I was triggered last night which took me right back to my Trauma, I thought I was reoccurring it again ! And this morning I can now see exactly the reason why I had this episode and I completely understand I’ve had a lot of triggers in the last few weeks. It has definitely triggered by Trauma again! I’ve organized my babies grandparents to come and be with me today as on the sole parent to an 18month old, very active baby boy I don’t ever allow myself down time which I really need to start to learn to do x

Thank you for taking the time to reply and I feel you’re very correct. I’ve been surrounded by my triggers the last few weeks which set off my episode. I’m coming out of it now thank goodness, but I hit the full peek of it yesterday.

xx

Thank you so much for your welcoming. I’m so glad I found these forms one 1800 respect. Directed me here and I’m grateful for that.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.