Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Trying to hold it together

I know i am only one person and i am trying i am really trying but i really just i cant sleep at night i cant live with myself knowing that maybe i am not trying hard enough there is so much crap going on in the world right now and i know that it took hundreds of years and millions of people to creat these issues but why cant we fix the problems we made if we cant sort out climate chage then we are all facing extinction in the next 30 years. and all the government goes on about is stopping the stupid boats well you know what would stop those dam boats FIXING CLIMATE CHANGE because half the poeple are coming because they are starving and cant grow food because oh wait its because of climate change big surprise. since when was a few rich people continuing to make more money than they could ever need more important than the lives of BILLIONS of people and animlas. i dont get it we know we screwed up we know we are going to be the cause of our demise but why is everyone just sitting around and ignoring the issue. like i know there are others out there trying but the people who can do the most wont all for money which is a made up thing it isnt even objectively worth anything.

everytime i see an animal or a little kid i just feel sad because all i can think is wow well you wont get to grow up or sorry little kangaroo soon you will starve or get swept up in another natural disaster. but then i also think if we are such a crappy species that we cant even respect ourselves then do we deserve what will happen to us. and even if we deserve it the animals DON'T they didnt do this we did and they shouldnt have to pay the price. 

and i know this is long and rambaling but i am just so ANGRY and sad and fed up why have i fought so hard all this time when it will all be for nothing how am i meant to sleep knowing that my existance is causing so much damage to things that did nothing but try and survive when the odds were stacked agaisnt them. we did this I did this how am i mean to sleep.... 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Trying to hold it together

@Eden1919  Hi Eden1919 I get exactly where you are at and yes it upsets me tremendously. Nothing we can do though ..... and nothing less than we deserve except for the poor animals.

Hi @Eden1919 . I'm a passionate conservationist and have done a lot of work revegetating indigenous, endangered plant habitats for indigenous, endangered animal species. I'm active in lobbying for action on climate change, biodiversity loss and endangered plant & animal species and species at risk of extinction. I live a green a life as I can by reducing my use & consumption of greenhouse gases & plastic and live by the guide "reduce, re-use, recycle", where you recycle only as a last resort if before that you can reduce (avoid) packaging when you're shopping or re-use packaging when you're shopping.

You're certainly not alone in your concerns for the environement, animal welfare and climate change. I have a rage problem so I don't find getting angry about those issues does any good - that does nothing for a single plant or animal and does not reduce my greenhouse gas emissions or my carbon footprint. It's very ineffective. What does help is being an active member of my local conservation organisations, living a green lifestyle and making green decisions as a consumer.

There are lots of quick, free things you can do to get involved & be effective. Even the smallest action makes a positive difference. It can be as simple as signing up for emails from your local conservation organisation & then signing their petitions when they send them. It takes about 30 seconds, is free & you can do it when you're mentally unwell, as I have & do. I'm in Victoria so can point you to the local organisations if you wish.

I encourage you to get active, the environmental movement needs young people to fuel their efforts.

Oh my, 

I am not the only one. 

I live with compled ptsd but the worst bit is when I am not coping I eat junk and create waste!!! The guilt then consumes me for using paper and takeout things that are impacting the world. 

But it is that or my life 

Sorry my reply is a little off topic
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.