Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Hollow98
Casual Contributor

Therapist

I’ve been to a few therapists and always leave feeling unsatisfied. I have issues dealing with loss and coping with insecurities. Each time I go to a therapist I feel like I’m sitting there talking to myself for 45 minutes. Maybe I don’t understand what type of professional I should be seeking. I’d like someone who’d work through problems with me. A therapist that would guide me in productive decision making, help identify character defects, and help me progress forward. What type of a therapist should I be looking for? 

2 REPLIES 2
BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Re: Therapist

Hi @Hollow98

thsts a hard question. But I would ask questions when you see a therapist. Sort of like you’re interviewing them. And by their answers you can see if they are appropriate. 

I went through 3 different psychologist until I was referred to the one I’m seeing. She is fantastic. 

Good luck. I hope whst I wrote makes sense 

Re: Therapist

I agree totally with @BlueBay, @Hollow98. It's important to interview the therapists.  In a sense,  they work for you.  You might well try someone experienced in grief counselling, who can work through those things with you. 

Don't stop looking for the right psychologist for you.  He/She is out there. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.