Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Stressors creating relapses in social anxiety

I am back on medication but yesterday was a hard day and I don't want to leave the house or let my son leave.

I basically had zombie myself out on sleeping pills to allow myself to let my son go to vacation care today and to go to my nephew's kindy graduation.

Yesterday there was an attempted abduction at a shop that I go to regularly and well had I been one isle to the left or had he been one more to the right my son would have been the victim. 

Not coping right now mostly still in shock not sure I will be able to go back there.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Stressors creating relapses in social anxiety

Omg @Former-Member thst is so horrible and scary. No wonder you’re not coping. 

Hope you’re ok this morning. Hugs ❤️

Re: Stressors creating relapses in social anxiety

Thanks @BlueBay

I am still struggling but have good supports around me so will eventually get there.

Still really jumpy which my son is making light of because he keeps scaring the crap outta me but at least I know that while he was scared at the time because of what he had seen he hasn't so far been majorly affected by this.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.