Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Partner with both MH issues and cancer

Hello @Former-Member 

Thank you for thinking of us. My Dad is due for his next scan in 7 weeks. He's losing weight, has naps in the afternoon and won't make any plans or spend money for things like new glasses because it might just be wasted 😔

He says he's not in any pain just tired and no energy. The Dr has said if he goes downhill to get in touch for chemo because I'd he waits too long then treatment won't be an option 😔

How about you and Mr Darcy?

Weight loss and fatigue are concerning signs @Anastasia , Mr D is skin and bones now, he fights his fatigue but it is slowly less possible for him to do so.  Being pain free is a blessing, Mr D so miserable with either the pain or treatment side effects.

Oh @Former-Member sorry Mr D is in pain. So difficult to withess and my heart goes out to you. Horrible, awful times. Sending you and Mr Darcy love and and abundance of strength. Yes, concerned for my Dad, think there's a lot more going in than he says out loud 😔

Hugs @Former-Member just coz x

What a lovely surprise when I dropped by my thread just now @Former-Member , thank you 🙏

How are you and Mr Darcy? 

@Anastasia  Mr Darcy is now likely end stage 💔, sleeping a lot now, has both morning and afternoon siestas as well as nodding off easily when he is up.  He does very few things now and these are done very slowly as he has little energy. 

Oh @Former-Member my heart breaks for you both. I'm so sorry. Sending you endless gentle hugs and prayers. Will keep you both in my heart 🙏💞

ohhh sending you lots of tender hugs @Former-Member HeartHeart

here for you if you like to chat or just sitting with you having a cuppa 

Mr Darcy went into hospice care today. He has had marked deterioration over the last few days and it was too much for me to physically manage on my own.

Im sorry to hear of Mr Darcys rapid decline @Former-Member 😔

Professional hospice care was really your only choice. You have done so well in keeping him home with you for as long as you have.

My heart breaks for you, as I know how hard all this has been, and continues to be 💔

Emelia 🌹

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.