Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

No not really sorry to say @Shaz51 

Hey @Captain24 @tyme 

How are you both? 

Hey @Birdofparadise8 ! How have you been?!?! I feel like I've really missed connecting with you!

Are you okay?

Hey @tyme 

Could be better but oh well. I saw my psychologist today and I have my last appointment in two weeks time and then I won’t have anyone as I can’t get into anything in Melbourne at the moment with it being December and my GP is on leave so I have so see someone else. Hopefully he is going to find someone though here in Hobart until I can find someone or I’m going to be lost with what to do for a few months. I also can’t see him because the clinic will be closed. 

Did you have work today? 

OOOOO @Birdofparadise8 - Actually, when you come to Melb, you'll probably find you can access a lot more supports. 

I'm excited for you. When you come, I can 'show you around' and see what supports suit you.

I think it’s just had because it’s December and the ones I’ve found have been really expensive she has charging like $250 and I don’t have that kind of money for weekly sessions. Thank you though @tyme

Hence, the more you network with people, the more you find out @Birdofparadise8 . I still don't pay anything for my psych sessions - never have. I've offered to pay, but have never had to pay. There's no gap. And I have the most amazing psychologist.

Really where do you go if you don’t mind me asking @tyme?

It was my former case manager from my area mental health. He also has private practice as a senior clinician. I have my appointments over Microsoft Teams because I don't have the time to drive out to see him. But his practice is about just under 30 mins drive from Melb city. @Birdofparadise8 .

Melbourne also has a number of Prevention and Recovery Centres which are absolutely amazing for those who do not need the intensity of an inpatient stay.

Then, I have my community zumba and dance classes. These are all free of charge.

We also get a fob for a leisure centre. 

What I'm trying to say is that it depends on who your connections are and who you can connect with.

But yes, I have never paid for a single session in all my years in the MH system. That's why I am continually astounded that this is the case.

Lucky you then. I can’t seem to find much at all. I’m looking in the Bundoora area but they all see to charge a lot. @tyme 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.