Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need to vent

No, I haven’t finished @BlueBay  but I am in need of a cuppa  so will take a break and join you.

Sorry about your back pain, fatigue and headache and hope you feel better soon.

💙💙💙

Hi @BlueBay 

It's funny you mention that you went for a walk and listened to a true crime podcast. When my anxiety gets really bad this is something that calms me. I know others who find true crime podcasts too much to bear so it's strange I find them comforting!

Hope you have a good day! 

Hanami 💮

Hi @hanami 

I went for an hour walk earlier with a friend. She’s a teacher so is on holidays at the moment. But today is her last day. 

i do enjoy walking alone with my podcast. Really into true crime. But I do choose carefully as some can be triggering. Some are really interesting. 

now I’m laying on my bed as my back is sore again. Everytime I walk it hurts. Have an appt with my dr this afternoon so I will tell him. 

Hope you have a good day xxx

Oh that's no good about your back. I hope you can get some help for that. My husband gets a bad back and started pilates last year and it's been super helpful. He hasn't had any flare ups for a while now.

Good luck

Hanami 💮

@BlueBay 

Do you have a any true crime recommendations? At the moment I'm loving the swindler type stories. I've listened to a few but can't remember the name of them now. Watched a few on Netflix too - the Tinder Swindler and Inventing Anna sucked me in so bad!

Hanami 💮

Hi @BlueBay and @hanami

Hope you are both well on this lovely Friday.

I also hope you don't mind me joining on your chat but when I saw you both loved true crime I wanted to ask if either of you had seen The Thing about Pam? I love true crime stories - it's one of the things I like to do to relax (hope that doesn't sound weird).

Best wishes, 

FloatingFeather 

Join in for sure @FloatingFeather !

The Thing about Pam is on my list of things to watch! I saw the ad and it looked great.

It must sound weird to people that true crime can relax us for sure lol.🤣

Thanks @hanami

Yep, most people thinks it's weird when I say that I watch it to relax but us dedicated true crime lovers know what we mean! 😉😂 

@hanami @FloatingFeather 

i listen to australian true crime.  I just search on the podcast app and pick one.  Yes I have watched tinder swindler, omg what a guy!!!  haven't seen the other one you suggest @hanami ; might look this one up.

At the moment we are also watching a lot of netflix shows/movies about the underbelly in Melbourne and some are about mafia in Melbourne.  really interesting and how the police have to work undercover just to get close to the mafia and then their caught.  Can't think of the name, if i remember later i will let you know.

I had a lay down early arvo which helped my back.  I saw my GP and he suggested to use heat pack and meds but to still continue walking; even if its a little walk.  I told him i walked 3 times this week and he was impressed.  considering when i saw him on tuesday i was ready to end my life.  I also caught up with a friend and told her how bad i am.  my GP was happy i did reach out to a friend.  he was a bit disappointed that my husband and daughter were not very responsive when i told them i wasn't coping mentally.  

tomorrow we have open  house again, i am so so sick of this.  and then in the afternoon little A is coming over to stay either one or two nights.  can't wait.  she has plans for the day already; park, play and baking!!!   i do like the weekends because everyone is home and i am kept busy but then come Monday and i fall in a heap of loneliness, sadness and negative thoughts/feelings.  

Pasta for dinner tonight; what are you both having for dinner?

hi to my awesome friends @Eve7 @Rhye @Emelia8 @Shaz51 @Snowie @MDT @BPDSurvivor and others following 

good to see you @BlueBay
🙂
thanks for keeping me up to date with what is happening in your world too

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.