Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Orwellian
Senior Contributor

Navigating Mental Health.

Alternate Title - Being someone else more acceptable.

I do not know who to be. If I want to engage with any mental health services it seems inappropriate to be myself. When I try that my messages get censored or modified. The things I am going through are not valid and those who run the services inform me that what I think and feel is not acceptable.

It is these things which are making me get progressively worse. The system is geared toward those in charge who "know better" so they obviously know what is best for me.

No - I will not take the pharmaceuticals which these professionals seem all too willing to push on me. I have taken them before and had very negative effects.

No - I cannot attend a hospital. I am excluded from them other than paying money to provide their services.

I feel that the services are saying one thing but pushing me in another direction. It is obvious to me that this industry relies on certain statistics rising so that more funds can be extracted for it's growth. So this being the case I know that this way of operation is not by neglect or accident.

I feel that I have very little control over my own affairs or existence. The one thing where I seem to have some is on intervention with a possible serious illness, but I cannot even talk about that.

I know this will probably be deleted, but I am writing this more to myself and so some of the minders know I am on to them.

"Let's hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere as there is FA down here on earth"

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Navigating Mental Health.

Hey @Orwellian, just writing to say you have been heard. There is pain that comes through in your words and feeling as if it is inappropriate to be yourself must be really difficult for you. Are there any things or activities that help you feel most like yourself? Sending you warmth and kindness today.

Thanks @Ali11 

The things which used to be enjoyable are not any more.

Really just few up with this industry and being used to make self serving parasites rich.

I suppose someone will be along shortly to tell me what I should really think.

It's all about control.

@Orwellian  I am sorry if i had something to do with the feeling you cant be yourself that wasnt my intention if i did do that. 

I also do agree with you on the issues with the mental health system meds made me a lot worse as well and I do think it is awful that said services can have so much control over a persons life. for me that meant getting far away from said system for my own health and well being and as a result i now refuse to engage with the public mental health sphere. it is sad that money plays a big part in the way things work but i guess that is what happens when we live in a capitalist sysytem as such a system fuctions and revolves around proffit and making money regardless of the cost to the individual. and sadly other systems have also not worked due to human greed. either way as far as mental health goes there often is not an easy or good even choice. 

again i am sorry if i made you feel worse i guess it is hard to balance each persons individual needs when everyone is different and this is a public space. 

Not you @Eden1919, you have been open.

The manipulation happens in a hidden manner behind the closed doors. Just like most dirty secrets.

"Let's keep this as our secret"

@Orwellian  I am glad. 

how are you feeling today? 

heyyyyy hello @jay2 Smiley Very Happy

Hello @Eden1919  @Orwellian , @Ali11 

how are you going today

Hi to all you fellow sufferers out there.  shaz51 and others.        I'm doing as well as one can do.      Nice warm days now shinning through,if you can sit in the sun it does you a power of good. Improves your mood greatly.         Went off to the big smoke yesterday,same as allways,rush,rush,rush. Every body in a hurry to get nowhere fast. Give me the nice slow green gentle country side any day.         Planted lots of bulbs last week did my back in,doing it.   Put in lots of sugar snap and snow peas,they are coming along good. Only trouble is they never get to the pot. As soon as they are ready they get eaten straight off the vine. Dont have birthdays any more,once you get to 80 every day is a birthday because you are still here. Kind regards to all jay2

I know that feeling @jay2  of being in the city. I went to Melbourne recently. Had a look at the human zoo there. Some humans are ok when alone but they hunt in packs and become more toxic.

Thought I had a late check out booked but have realised that will not work and I have an early departure scheduled. I cannot imagine being 80 and will not get there myself.

Have been spending more time inside my head lately and contemplating a change of state. My health issues are starting to catch up with me. Get the news on the cancer next Monday. That will probably be an anticlimax. If it's positive I do not know if have the strength to argue with the medical professionals. They see something like that as a good earner so it's hard to refuse treatment. I have my chest pain to fall back on, they do not know about those and they seem to be getting worse. The only thing is they bloody hurt but I am getting used to that.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.