Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@Sans911 @Zoe7

I have been weaning myself of one med and going onto another for the last 8 days. My pdoc changed it b/c of some side effects I was having but instead of lowering my anxiety it is making it worse.

It really does sound like this new one isn't working for you at all @Snowie Smiley Sad

Can you have your night meds and try to get to sleep early and then ring your pdoc again first thing in the morning - this needs to be dealt with ASAP Hon. You can't keep going on like this if they aren't working.

@Zoe7I can't take my meds until H is home. I am tempted just to go back to how I was but he said to ring him first. I really don't know what to do. 

Stay here chatting to us then @Snowie until H gets home. More than happy to keep you company Hon and get you through this. It totally sucks - med changes are hard at the best of times but when they are not working it makes everything worse. Been there quite a few times Hon and know how incredibly difficult and frustrating it is. How long before H gets home?

Thanks hon. H should be home within an hour and as soon as he gets home I will take my meds for the night. On the upside, the nightmares and flashbacks have calmed down which has made that part of it better. 

How are you going? 

I've been asleep on and off all day @Snowie Woke up early this morning with a stomach ache but it has progressively improved throughout the day. Feeling ok this evening but think it will still be an early night for me too. I did manage to get the garden watered - just before the rain came but that didn't hang around for long. Toby and Cat will need their night biscuits soon and then I will take my meds also. They usually take around 2 hours to work these days so aiming for 10pm again as be time.

What have yiu been up to today?

You must have needed a rest day hon, you have been busy out in your garden. Glad you are feeling a bit better tonight. Night biscuits?! Gee they are spoilt!!

Haven't been up to much today. Did a bit of cleaning and then afterschool took D to an appointment, came home and cooked tea. My meds normally take about 20 minutes to kick in so hoping they work quickly tonight.

Yes they are incredibly spoilt @Snowie lol

Seems like you have had a quiet day also. I haven't eaten tonight (actually all day) but drank plenty of water. I wasn't going to risk my stomach ache getting worse. I think it has passed now but will wait until tomorrow to eat again. 

I have my pdoc and GP appointments both tomorrow as they are both back. I need to remember to take the email from HR with me - athough my GP was going to get a letter sent to her also - better to have a copy of it with me though as you never know if these things have come through. 

Hopefully that will get the work process going again but I suspect it will take some time to get it organised - totally sucks as I hoped I would be back in some capacity at the beginning of the term!

@Zoe7you have a busy day tomorrow. Hoping that you can get a few things sorted with your gp in regards to returning to work. Perhaps with her back things can start happening and the process can move a it quicker now.

I have my psych visit tomorrow. 

I hope you can get hold of your pdoc before your psych visit @Snowie. How are the psych visits going? Still really tough to deal with?

I am going to ask my pdoc about returning to see my psych - or whether she thinks it is still not a good idea. I am kinda on the fence - I feel like I am in a better place to deal with everything but also think it may not take much for me to go backwards again ...maybe I should just concentrate on getting back to work for now.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.