Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Marriage (partners for 7 years)

Anyone else suffer from a partner that is hellbent on conspiracy theories and spiritual healing.i get the spiritual healing work for some and there are wonderful practitioners out their but my partner has aligned with those that cost alot of money.

The theories range from vaccines to elections and everything else and its only started 6 months ago but it's driving  me around the bend.its all consuming and just tops off my chronic pain a treat .

I'm at a point where I think I will move out but being on a pension with pain meds etc I don't fancy living in my car 

I've tried to talk about it but get shut down as a non believer 

Any advice appreciated 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Marriage (partners for 7 years)

Hi @Former-Member, 

It sounds like there's a lot going on for you right now, and the situation with your partner has been difficult to try to navigate. I'd really like to encourage you to reach out for some extra support if you haven't already- it sounds like a lot to manage on your own, and everyone deserves extra support. Ask Izzy is a website with a database you could use to help find services in your local area, such as crisis housing or housing support if you feel this would be helpful. There is also 1800 Respect and you can contact SANE to connect with a counsellor via phone (1800 187263) or Peer Support Worker via web chat non-urgently if this is something you would like. Take Care 🧡

Thank you tide is turning for the advice .

I'll call someone tomorrow wasn't sure what was out there for men .

Just got rejected for what I was hoping for pain relief trial stimulator so what I have now is what I'm stuck with for life 

So as such my tolerances are running a bit low and it makes it even harder to deal with the other nonsense. 

Thanks again 

You're welcome @Former-Member. I'm sorry to hear that about the pain relief. That makes sense that news you weren't hoping for would sap your energy a little more. There's also Mensline as another option available for support, though you're of course welcome to keep posting and reaching out here. Sitting with you.  

So this morning I let her sleep in as she worked late (I've been up since 3am)

I go in and say good morning and show her a young choir singing beautiful songs and what do I get in return

I can prove the election was rigged and that the staff at polling booths were stacked in favour of the major parties.

I have just walked out and do not know what to do .this is soul crushing to think I was going to get married in November now I'm not 

Why has life got to be so crap all the time 

Good morning @Former-Member,

It sounds like you've had some disappointing and concerning conversations with your partner, and that must feel quite hard. I noticed that @TideisTurning has left a few recommendations for support lines, and that you mentioned you would give one a call today, just wondering how you're placed this morning to make a call? Is that still something you'd like to do?

Having someone to listen has really helped me in the past so I'd encourage you to take the leap and give one of those services a call if you're feeling like the load is heavy to carry at the moment.

We're here for you @Former-Member ‌💚

That's half the issue .you can't have that conversation as you just get told you are a non believer and happy to listen to whatever the gov says you can't think for yourself I've got evidence ..

And if you question the evidence well that's a whole lot of argument in itself

What kinds of social media is your partner surrounding herself with? What are her concerns and fears that let these people get a toehold in her mind?

You might like to read into how to converse with conspiracy theorists: https://theconversation.com/why-people-believe-in-conspiracy-theories-and-how-to-change-their-minds-... Apparently the technique is to find common ground, and then ask Socratic questions that help people see the facts in a new light.

It's a site called telegram 

Her Facebook and spiritual  friends put her on to it 

I don't do any social media I find it mind numbing 

Being a nurse I would have thought she was more intelligent than believe all the nonsense but aparantly not.

I'm going to try and talk in the morning but if nothing is going to change then I'll have no option but go and live in my car in the interim until I can find somewhere to live

I hope things work out for you @Former-Member .

Looking forward to hearing how you go.

Take care,

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.