Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

I seriously CAN'T win.

I had work tonight.

As I mentioned in my last post, I asked my manager to move me to a different section, just so I'm away from my ex, at least until I can take a break and find a new job.

It was really fun, and it was a huge relief to not hear her voice the whole night. I was in a very good mood with an hour to go.

Soon after, I was working somewhere else, and one of my co-workers said he was organising a party.

I asked who was going to be there. He rattled off a list of names and then he said:

[...] and her boyfriend are going to be there.

That's the first I heard that she had a boyfriend. It felt like a slap to the face.

That was upsetting... but what makes me angry is, he knows that me and her were close, and that it ended really badly. He knows how much it hurts.

I don't know what the [...] kind of [...] make you think that I am going to enjoy seeing the girl I loved kiss and dance with her boyfriend.

It shows a COMPLETE lack of judgement.

That said, this was the same guy that thought it was OK to talk to me in explicit detail about sex at work until I told him to stop... twice. Real great judgement.

Just when you think the pain can't get any worse...

5 REPLIES 5

Re: I seriously CAN'T win.

Hey @Former-Member what a shit way to find out, hey? And I can't imagine how tough it is being stuck at work with your ex there. I feel for you.

is the guy that told you about the party a friend? If so, ---I don't know, just a thought---but maybe he wanted you to know she's seeing someone, but he didn't know how to say it. Sometimes people don't think and put their foot in their mouth (guilty), but sometimes we're just shit at saying what we want to say (also guilty).

Take some time for yourself, you don't have to go to parties where you're going to see them. Maybe take some time at home, invite a few mates around instead.

And also, it's ok to tell your friend what you were thinking. That seeing her with someone else is the last thing you wanna be doing. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@saltandpepper .

I don't think that's applicable here, but that is an interesting idea. Thanks for the support ❤️.

Sorry I can't be of more help here @Former-Member hope today is a good one for you

@Former-Member Gosh sorry to hear about that and yes some people do very much lack Judgement when it comes to others may feel about there words,I believe your coworker shouldnt be explicetly talking with other staff in a work place enviroment and it must be hard to hear about the manager and her Boyfriend when your trying to keep your distance and get work done Take Care today Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the comment ❤️, but I wasn't close to my manager, I asked my manager to move me away from my ex. That was an editing mistake 😂.

My manager is a lovely lady, but a bit too old for me 😉.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.