Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

notsosure
New Contributor

I'm feeling stuck right now, so I thought I should try something new

It's hard to explain how I'm feeling but I'll do my best to get it all out

When I'm alone I get caught up in my own thoughts, its like a big mess that I can't control. When I'm with my friends I feel like I'm pretending and making a huge effort just to show some type of emotion. Sometimes I just let others talk because its easier to stay somewhat detached. I can't slow down even though I know I'm struggling.

I've turned to my family but they keep brushing it off, saying Im too sensitive and it'll pass in time. I keep leaning on one of my friends for support but I know that I should't always rely on other people. This cycle has happened in the past and I'm afraid that even if I work out whatever is going on in my head, it'll just be back in a few weeks. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: I'm feeling stuck right now, so I thought I should try something new

hi @notsosure and welcome

feel free to have a look around and join in where you feel most comfortable too.

have you considered seeking help and support from a professional? if you speak to your gp about whats happening for you they can write you a mental health care plan which enable you to have some sessions with a psychologist

Hi @notsosure 

I also too struggle with being alone and the overwhelming thoughts that come with it.

I live with my partner and our four kids, many times it will feel like I'm completely alone and abandoned even though everyone is here. They are just in their rooms and our little one and me are in the lounge room. It causes me to get extremely angry because I feel hurt. This just makes things worse because me screaming means no one will come near me.

I'm lost for ideas how to manage it .

I feel like that too, fairly often. Just feel my thoughts get stuck and then waves of anxiety will come on and I will be lost in the seas of distress, fear, on edge will last for hours.

i have increased my antidepressant dosage and try to keep myself occupied most of the time, that helped a lot.

Also helps to plan activities around the hours, so I don’t feel aimless around days and evenings.

Hi @Meowmy 

Yes the constant thoughts and stories that get unraveled are too much for me at times. I'm really trying to not fall about right now but I don't have the energy to fight anymore. I feel hopeless and don't know what to do. 

I have lost interest in almost everything so that is also contributing to me downwards moods.

@Bentpole-01 hope you will feel better. I have been to your situation before, just fighting for s long time and see no light in the end. It is very hard. But we have to keep doing our best until the end. May be try to discuss your feelings with your partner and get some support from him. Support is so important . We don't all get what we need. I will say some prayers for you. Sometimes it does help.

Or may help later.

Hi @Meowmy 

Today is Friday, yay. Thanks for the support. My girlfriend and I are having our date day. We are trying to make an effort to give our relationship some time and care. She is my only support person and has been with me through everything. I'm feeling better about things today, not sure why or how though.

@Bentpole-01 glad you are having a better day. May be that's all we can hope for, day to day, good days more than bad ones. Hope you will have a good weekend, enjoy the Autumn and find peace at home.

I am going through the trauma of past twenty five years mental illness. Hoping to stop further flare ups and hospital admissions.

Hope we can support each other day to day.

Hi @Meowmy  how are you going?

We had a great last few days, two of the kids went to their fathers grandparents place for 4 days. It was me and my partner and our 2 yr old. Spent time at the beach and no fighting. Felt like a holiday. It all ended the moment the girls got home. Huge fight with the oldest one which turned into a fight between Kelly and me which ended with me storming out of the house.

Am feeling unwell now and have something stuck in my eye. 

25 years of trauma so familiar, have you got support?

@Bentpole-01 @Hope you are feeling better today. I had a tough day until afternoon. Sorry about late reply. Families can be hard. Kindness to yourself . Love and care for you. Have a good night.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.