Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Hi @tyme 

Today has been better then the last few days. Picked up a bug of some sort and spent the last two days in bed. Starting to feel a bit better. Mentally not great.

Awwww @Snowie , sorry to hear! That bad bug, eh? Please rest up. 

I find that when I am physically unwell, it also affects my MH. Do you find that?

Oh @Snowie thats not good. Hope you are on the mend. Look after yourself.

Just got home @tyme. I used my back and that pixie is sick as an excuse not to go for a walk after. Lucky as now there is a massive storm. 

I'm glad you had dinner with them. Hope it went okay. I guess I see it as they won't be there forever. @Captain24 - Did your brother go too?

I find it does affect my mh @tyme when I am unwell. I didn't really need that now.

Glad you are home @Captain24 

Yeah, sometimes we just don't get a say when we would like illness to hit us @Snowie .

I'm here for you @Snowie . Hugs. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks @Snowie Im glad to be home. 

Yeah it went alright @tyme mum said she has to glen 20 the house after pixie left. I think Pix has Covid. True they won’t be here for ever. If mums family is anything to go off she still has 20+ years in her. My great grandmother died at 96 and my nan is still hanging in at 93. I do hope nan gives in soon though. 

No, the last time my brother was in town was in January for a day to put up my plantation shutters. The last time he was here overnight was mums 70th June last year. I think the last time he spoke to my parents was when we were on holidays in October. 

Awwww, poor Pix @Captain24 - I hope she gets better soon.

I've seen cats and rabbits get COVID, but not a dog - yet.

It's not nice for humans or animals!

Despite your nan's age, is she keeping well?

Me too @tyme Im sick of having to wash her butt! Lol. She had it when I had it the second time and she is showing the same signs but after I had it. 

Nah nans been in a nursing home for 18 months with end stage dementia. I haven’t seen her since March. She didn’t know who I was but recognised my voice. So I want to leave that as my last memory. She could hang in for another 12 months or she could go tonight. The sooner she goes the better for her. 

Oh yeah @Captain24 ! I remember now! I remember how you had to clean her bottom each time! Oh dear... not again!

As for you nan... feels that way sometimes - when they just don't have quality of life anymore...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.