Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I am riding a wave

Haha yes! That is totally Sheldon from Big Bang Theory you made me laugh, I'm a bit like that with certain things too, I don't think you're alone on the help but not tooooo much help in a touchy way, at least you know what you like!! I'm here, from afar, watching you not too much, just supportively giving you a thumbs up or even a shaka if that's okay? Can we be in Hawaii?!

🙂

I just saw Toby's floating outfit, ah he is the best look at that happy smile Smiley LOL !!! Please be careful up there Toby!

@Lunar That actually isn't Toby but it looks just like him - could not believe my eyes when I came across that picture - I think Toby's smile is bigger - he is such a happy little fella.Smiley Happy

...and if we're going to Hawaii we should wait until the middle of the year when @oceangirl goes for her holiday - yea!! - another road trip - but on a plane - 'forumites take on the world'.....

I'm still riding this wave...it's a really big one. @Lunar given the size of some of the waves I ride, I think I may very well be in Hawaii!!!

@utopia It made me giggle that while I was writing the post about how I don't like being touched, you posted about holding me up. Smiley LOL

@Faith-and-Hope I super love the sea turtle pictures.

@Zoe7 Oh good, I'm super glad you are familiar with Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. Now you will be able to picture me if I ever happen to come into the octagonal room and someone is in my spot! Smiley LOL

@Phoenix_Rising I should have called Toby - Sheldon - he doesn't like it when anyone is 'in his spot either'. ...and you wouldn't believe it - actually you probably will - if anyone new sits in 'my spot' in the staffroom everyone else will let them know that 'It's *Zoe's* Seat"  - there's a bit of Sheldon in both of us.

Still sitting on the rocks - watching you ride the waves....

...and finally it has settled...thanks to a call from my psychologist...who last week told me she doesn't do between session calls...but when I asked her today if this call, which she was very obviously making from her car, was a session or not, she told me she didn't know...er...

{Drags self up the beach to the octagonal room trying not to think too hard about whether psychologist actually knows what the hell she is doing...}.

turtle on beach.jpg

HI @Phoenix_Rising

Not riding with you .. and just waving .. saying HI ... not drowning

One thing I finally learned about giggles .. is they are the bodies way of saying I can have fun whether or not the brain thinks it is ok or not.

I did not giggle until recently ...but if the body can have fun .. then its at least half the answer of a way through the tidal surges.

Gorgeous image @Phoenix_Rising ..... there are lots of times when I feel just like that tired turtle looks .... for different reasons .....

❤️💕🐢

@Phoenix_Rising 

I hope you don't mind me setting up camp here on the beach for a while but it is such a lovely sunny day that I thought I'd chill in your part of the world for a while. I have come equipped with my floaties, umbrella, towel, sunnies and a spade and shovel to play in the sand - oh and also plastic bags for when Toby does ...u hum...his business!!!!!!

...and also just a few toys and other flotation devices to help keep me safe in the water....!!!!!

@Lunar you can borrow a few of my 'flotation devices' to help keep a barrier between you and the horses on the other thread if you are scared....

@Phoenix_Rising  we hope you have ridden your waves well!!! 

But it I wish to give honour to you. 

For this little turtle you had been a life giver on some of the darkest waves s Thankyou 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.