Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Hmm

I don’t understand why someone would think that is an ok thing to say to someone 

I wonder why I’m tired, is it the 2 children taht don’t sleep through the night, is it that I’m purely exhausted from work, is it that I have been physically unwell in some way even just slightly  for at least 4 months now, is it that I lay awake at night thinking, is it that I have a list as long as my left arm of things I have to do and never have time for, I don’t know????

TuxedoCat
Senior Contributor

I appreciate you telling me more about what's going on. @ArraDreaming there are a lot of pressures on you ❤️

Not sure if it's similar for you, but I get frustrated at myself when I can see what I could be thinking or doing or feeling, but I just can't get there. It's like, I'm too self-aware for my own good haha. 

Also, I recently found this thread on parenting with MH things going on. Completely ok if you don't vibe with it, but thought I'd share just in case The Virtual Village - a space for parenting 'stuff' 

I don’t know why I do I I don;t know why I try so hard to convince myself and everyone else that my mental health is still ok, that I havent gone back to really bad again, I am actually doing ok this is just a bad week or something idk. I dont know why I try so hard to convince people that I think I just feel the need to prove to them that I have made progress after all this time even though I KNOW I HAVE. god wtf is wrong with me?? @TuxedoCat

Looks like a good thread I might go on

Just don’t know what to say
TuxedoCat
Senior Contributor

@ArraDreaming It's such a strength that you've recognised how far you've come and what you've achieved. And I know so many of us see it here too. 

But maaann...that pressure of proving it to others is real. I see you, I hear you.

What do you need today? 

I feel like curling up in bed with a movie!

@TuxedoCat 

I don’t know why I do it, but maybe it’s something I don’t actually need to know why, maybe I can just try and accept that I do it, doesn’t make it good but yeah maybe I need to just let go of trying to find out why 

Yeah home today not doing much need to go out and about to do some jobs just not sure how much of a mood I’m in to go out, got one home with me 

TuxedoCat
Senior Contributor

@ArraDreaming that sounds SO powerful - letting go of the why ❤️ 

It's something I'm trying to figure out myself, maybe we can keep each other updated on it. 

ohh, is there something fun/nice you can do with your little one who's home? 

My "little one" is just one of my cats hahaha

we are just doing stuff around the house I have a few things to do and he likes going out with me in the car so we might go to Hammerbarn (Bunnings) 

and might go to the park if it doesn’t rain not sure @TuxedoCat 

we should probably get out of the house 

We have had far too many inside movie days than I want to admit lately
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.