Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

For people who experience psychotic symptoms do you ever...?

Do you ever have a symptom/''delusion'' that wont go away no matter what you do and even though you know no one esle would believe you, you still believe it because it is real and the doctors couldnt get rid of it so they must be wrong and it must be true and it doesnt go away over time either?  

like i have this one belief that i honeslty cant come to a point where i dont believe it and everyone i have mentioned it too (which in fairness isnt that many) just says i am being silly or that there is no reason for that to be real but i still think it is and i know they dont get it but the fact they dont believe it makes me believe it more because they wouldnt believe it if it were true...... and even the few doctors i have told dont believe that i believe it they always say '' you dont really think X do you?" and i just say nothing and pretend i never opened my mouth because then i am more scared because them saying i am being silly is just more confirmation that i am right. does that ever happen to anyone else.

@greenpea @Queenie  i am just tagging you because i know you may have had this issue but dont feel pressure to reply. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: For people who experience psychotic symptoms do you ever...?

@Eden1919  Hi Eden1919 thanks for tagging me (you always can tag me as I find your conversations really interesting) and yes I have a 'delusion' which stays with me even though I have my meds and I know this 'delusion' is real. Sometimes I get chitter chatter which is in the distance. I can just hear it (it is like whispers) even with taking all the meds.My son2 has treatment resistant schizophrenia and hears all sorts of things just the other day he was in the bathroom with the door shut it was quiet I could hear a pin drop when he came out all distressed. He was talking about these children who were talking. He couldnt make out what they were saying and was very upset about it.  He often wants me to reassure him of what he has said (I think because of the chitter chatter in his head it gets confusing for him as to what he has said and what the chitter chatter is talking about). It is all really sad actually I really feel for my son. Love peaxxx

@greenpea  yes i get whispers that is why i never sit in a quiet room and always have either music or tv or something on as background noise even a loud fan. then i can blame whatever it was for making any noises. it was horrible at night times for a while though when my family went to sleep and i was still up and couldnt have noise and i would just sit and cry in my room rocking begging them to stop for enough time for me to fall asleep. I find it so hard because some of these things i just cant talk about but they take up so much of my head space but then there isnt anything i can do. and i also wonder if it is good they do because they are real. 

My current one is that the meds i am on don't actually do anything good for me, they are sugar pills with side effects.  Doesn't help that it's got an exceptionally silly name. 

@Gwynn  yes medications have some really funny/strange names. I have trouble with meds a lot because of bad side effects but because they make me feel worse and make my symptoms worse i always also end up believing they are poision and that just really doesnt help. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.