Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Atmosphere
New Contributor

Feeling empty

Hi everyone,

I just joined and made my first post but I'm just looking for some support from my fellow people going through this. I'm in a transitional point in my life after the breakdown of a job, relationship, living situation and several deaths in the family I'm the space of a month. I feel like my therapy is going really well but I still find myself struggling to shake this sense of emptiness and I'm struggling with not falling into bad habits again. All I desperately want is that connection, the safety. Someone to tell me it's ok but it's a struggle. I know it's unhealthy to place these expectations on others but it can be so hard to resist. Not really sure what I need, just helps getting it out sometimes and it's nice knowing this group exists!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Feeling empty

Hallo @Atmosphere 

Love your name.

Its important you have a good relationship with your therapist, but really that is a lot of life changing events all at once, so no wonder you feel drained.

There are lots of great people and great threads and ways of sharing here on the forum.

Hang in there.

Apple

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.