Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: EMDR - Has anyone done this

Thanks so much @eth . Things r ridiculously tough.

Thanks @Gazza75 , much appreciated. Things r ridiculously tough here but I guess u figured that.

I honestly do not know what to say @Doglover You need help but that is obviously not forthcoming for you. All I can provide is my support and love Heart

Thanks so much for being there @Zoe7 . I really wish there was something somebody could do but their just doesn't seem to be. Meanwhile every moment of every day is torture. It's just awful Zoe. 

Can you describe a nit more what is happening for you @Doglover ?

thinking of you @Doglover .  Hope you are getting some support irl as well as here.  Do you think it might help to talk in more detail about what's going on for you?  Here to listen if you do want to.  Take care xx

@Former-Member  I hope your feelings have started to settle down.  You have achieved a lot so far in your new town.  Take it gently and be patient.  Being in a new place without familiar people is always very hard.  Sending warm wishes.

@eth 

Thanks

Yeah its hard

Im now trying to promote this new class.

Im not a sales person at all. I feel terrible giving someone a bus card.

Ive had to get my son to help me with setting up a fb business site. So i can advertise it.

This has been stressful.

Im glad ive got the school hols off work to focus just on sorting this out as i need it.

Im just having to learn as i go along.

Yeah trying to be patient.

Just finding it hard still being around people that have so much when ive got so little.

So hard to rebuild my life.  Cause no1 can see where ive come from.

I just cant really mix with other trainers either cause theyve all been doing this most of their lives.  I spent yrs fixing my body just to be able to do this.

I spent yrs alone with absolutely no self worth or confidence to  be around people & now im forced to be with people to learn aqua & to sell my own class.

I still spend a lot of time alone at home as its my comfort zone

@Former-Member   I totally get how hard it can be to come out of a long time of isolation.  Been there!  And I also think we can change between being extravert and introvert over time.  Even tho' I get out much more now (mostly with support workers tho', but doing several community involvement activities)  I still find I need to pace myself and have plenty of alone time over the course of a week too.  You have worked so hard to get to where you are now.  It will get easier giving your business card out, been there too.  It takes time but once you are up and running with a few clients you will have more confidence with spreading the word.  And if you're good at what you do, which I'm sure you are, then word of mouth will take care of most of your business promotion for you.

Try not to compare  yourself with others, especially with material stuff.  All the stones you walk on give you strong feet, as they say.  The struggles you've had make you a better person, more compassionate and less judging of others.  I am sure it will work in your favour in the long run.  Take care and have a nice day.

@eth 

Thanks

The average instructor hasnt had the body issues to work thru.

I refused to teach exercise until i fixed my own body.

So i teach from more personal experience.

Its my strength, i guess. My people skills are also much better than most because of my life experience.

So ill just have to work with my strengths i guess.

I relate well to people struggling in a class because i was there too.

I seem to attract people with injuries too.

Its not the lack of materiel stuff its fact that i didnt work most of my life. I just cant share my past. U cant tell people u became a pro after so much abuse. Unless uv had such low self worth u just couldnt relate to it.

I cant even relate to who i was back then.

Ive paid for my course & got it all setup ready to start when sch goes back.

Nervous about it but i should cope better this time on this stronger med.

It did take a few days for my head to settle.

Hope i dont get triggered for a while now.

To think back yrs ago everyone triggered me. Its why i remained away from people. Gosh i had a useless psychiatrist when i look back. I was in such a bad way & she just didnt see it nor did i have any other help.

Just was the pattern of my life no help.

I mean the only reason why they gave me this hall was cause i let them hear how distraught i was.

When i asked for a hall weeks ago they said they didnt have anything.

I just dont get why life is making it harder for me.

I feel like im begging for another chance. I deserve the job teaching because i worked so hard to fix my own body. It cost me a fortune too with massages & osteopath.

Now all im asking for is a chance to provide for myself.

Sorry but it just gets me so emotional cause im trying so hard.

Ive only got 2yrs to earn $ to provide for myself otherwise ill feel forced to b a pro again

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.