Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fractured
Contributor

Depression and anxiety

So I was diagnosed with schizophrenia back in 2009 it's been a challenge to say the least but recently I've also been diagnosed with depression and anxiety I was taking medication for that and for a while I was going pretty well but I stopped taking my meds because I thought I could handle life without them but I was so wrong today I felt so depressed and so hopeless and just the thought of going to work triggered my anxiety I was in such a state I couldn't leave my house which meant I couldn't see my doctor to get a medical certificate for today 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Depression and anxiety

It can be a mission to do the things that need to be done, I understand.
I don't know if this helps, but maybe a locum doctor or a dial a doctor service could come out to you?

How are you today @Fractured? Sorry to hear about that rush of anxiety yesterday Smiley Sad 

I'm feeling ok I stopped taking my meds a while ago I'm now feeling like I shouldn't have it's getting really hard to be around people and in noisy places it feels like there's to much going on around me and then anxiety just destroys me my heart races so fast and then I feel like I can't breathe 

Hey @Fractured, how are you doing today? I am sorry to hear you feel like you can't breathe and that lately it is really hard to be around people. Would you think about taking your medication again or having a chat with your doctor about what you've been going through?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.