Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Darkness

@Former-Member  great to see you and hear that you have your phone privileges back! ❤

that's great news @Former-Member 🦖💚

@Lee82 💜
Lee82
Senior Contributor

@outlander 🌈❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh how lovely @Former-Member 🌺👍💕 and of course I can see the extra special meaning @Lee82 😊

And a big tick for regaining phone privileges

Nics looks a beautiful little dog. The lady who looks after Holly for me if I have to go away any time, also has a Shitzu x Maltese. Holly and he get along really well. Holly was a rescue puppy as well, I got her when she was 8 months old.

Very well done for being a foster carer for dogs and cats. I think I would find it too difficult to do that because I would get way too attached. Ha ha .. as you did with Nics I guess. 💕

Certainly she looks a treat with her fancy little jumper. Holly has a pink and grey wooly jumper ... I tell her she looks like a galah in it. 🤣

Gee it must be cold where you are. Although you went out walking quite early, and hopefully its warmed up somewhat since then. Here is also cold, gloomy and windy. Not at all pleasant. Though we had a couple of visitors just off our back deck earlier ... the 2 kookaburras who have been cackling down in the gumtree down the bottom of our block, decided to come closer. So they are only about 15 meters away when they sit on a rose arch just off our back deck. Beautiful creatures they are. I think they are looking for grubs or worms amongst the chip in the rose garden bed under the archway. Unless 😵 they were trying to poach my goldfish from the garden pond nearby? Hmmm ... hope not.

@Lee82... sorry sleep continues to elude you. May take a night or two to get used to being back home again. Maybe tonight will be better.

Okay I must go. Want to give my Dad a call, before I go put my feet up for a while and maybe try to rest my tired eyes. With luck I may even get a catnap.

Catch you later ladies. And good luck with the trial phone allowances Izzy. Dont abuse the privilege ... limit your time here if thats what it takes. Will always be happy to see you when you do get here.

Sherry 💕😊🌺

Lee82
Senior Contributor

OMG I absolutely love your new bag @Former-Member. 
so very special. 💗😘😘

has touched my heart! ❤️

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Former-Member 💜

hope you are able to relax and have a little siesta. 
thinking of you Lee 

@Former-Member  Hey DizzyIzzy your bag is super cute :D. Love it. peaxxx

Former-Member
Not applicable

@NatureLover , thanks lovely. I hope you are having a restful Sunday friend. 💖

@Lee82 , 😊🌸💖

@Former-Member , it was really hard to foster and we hated parting with most of them. 😞 we fostered about 16 dogs, found forever homes 13, kept Nics and a brother and sister pair where unfortunately to badly damaged from their previous home😭. We still get updates from 5 of our puppies. Little galah Holly 😂 that would be too cute. I love the sound of kookaburras laughing. Did you the old wife's tale that if a 

kookaburra is laughing omg your clothes line that means someone in your house is pregnant!!!😂

I hope your dad is well and by now you are sound asleep my friend. I am going to be very careful here as I don't want to lose my phone again. I am still nowhere near stable enough to really support anyone but I am up for random chatting. Sending lots of hugs your way my friend. 🌷💜Izzy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Pea, I am a Marvel universe fanatic and I love it. Hope you are having an awesome day my friend. @greenpea 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member ... sounds like you had a wonderful success rate with rehoming your fostered dogs.  Its really a big accomplishment, so well done.

No ... I hadnt heard that old wives tale about the kookaburra laugh meaning someone in the household is pregnant.  😲  It is not the case here anyway.  I had 3 kookaburras just off our deck this arvo.

Yes my little Holly gets quite offended if we laugh at her.  She is a sensitive little thing ... so please dont laugh at her photo below. 

My Dad is old and frail and not at all well.  But so far he is resisting going into a nursing home.  My Mum died last July and he is having trouble adjusting to life at home on his own.  But he has services come every day to deliver his lunches and has a cleaner come in once a week to do whatever needs doing on a weekly basis ... basic cleaning, help him shower, clothes washing, change bed, etc.  So he manages for the time being, although he is starting to say that he may need to go into care.  And that discussion is becoming more regular.  He has had a couple of stints in there as a respite patient, so knows what to expect.  Its a matter of easing him into it if thats what he wants to do.  My brother and his wife live about 45 mins away and visit at least twice a week to do whatever he needs, but he gets very lonely on his own.  And its a concern now that he's having more falls.

Here are a few pictures of visitors to our home.  Hope you enjoy.  You too @Lee82 @greenpea @NatureLover @outlander @Pollyotter @Sans911 

@Former-Member .. very good, re being careful not to lose phone privileges.  Random chatting is fantastic when ever you feel up to it or are in need of some company.  Please continue to tag me any time. Besides that ... you have been supporting others here along the way .. please do not underestimate the value of random chats, for all of us.

Sherry 🌺

Holly in her Galah jumperHolly in her Galah jumperRingtail Possum with raspberryRingtail Possum with raspberryTopnotch Pigeon with babiesTopnotch Pigeon with babies2 baby noisy minors in Macadamia tree2 baby noisy minors in Macadamia treeKookaburra on our Rose Arch .. a regular visitorKookaburra on our Rose Arch .. a regular visitorAnother Kookaburra, same archAnother Kookaburra, same archRainbow Lorikeet steeling grapesRainbow Lorikeet steeling grapes

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.