Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

Thinking especially of you @Smc images (40).jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: D.I.D....

Continuing to remember you and yours @Smc .

3E7BCD8E-C3E0-43B0-BF8A-C8467459FC05.jpeg

@Smc ..... 💕

Smc
Senior Contributor

Thanks Peoples @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Determined.

Trip up to the parents' place was productive and confronting all at once. One trailer load of general rubbish and one of car tyres x 12 gone to the tip, some yukky dangerous spare bits of asbestos cement sheet carefully moved to a somewhat less "in the way" and therefore hopefully safer position. I've leaned them up against Dad's shed, which is all AC sheet cladding. Whoever buys the house will have to bring in an asbestos disposal team anyway, so may as well just get it all in one spot ready for them.

One part of the "confronting" was coming across some things which I haven't seen since I was a teenager or younger. Really hard to describe why that was unsettling. Vague memories of things from another time and place so far away that it's almost part of a different life. They were just ordinary household objects, nothing special, and sort of brought up almost the "feel" of a memory rather than anything distinct.

Another bit of "confronting" was finding out that an injury Mum got on her leg when she fell about a month ago isn't healing, largely due to the conditions created by the lymphedema...  So now she has a large abcess that's not healing on one leg, and the other injured as well.

And in the middle of it there were several SH/SI incidents back here with Older Daughter. And another last night.... so the bad patch hasn't passed yet.

BUT it's nice being home. Brought back a trailer load plus filled spare space in the car with a mixture of useful things and "treasures" that we weren't comfortable leaving in an unoccupied house.

💜💐💕 @Smc ....

@Smc 💚💙

@Smc  💐🙏

7.jpgthinking of you @Smc 

Smc
Senior Contributor

Very appropriate pic @outlander- I've been "self caring" today on a garden club outing. 🙂

Older Daughter's still in the SH pattern at the moment, maybe slightly less than it was... not sure?  She's also got a heavy viral cold, and over the weekend we've been trying to talk her out of going in to ER with it. (Partially succeeding.) It's a "see a doctor" situation, not a "call the ambulance" one. She did get to the doctor today, so hoping that helps her state of mind.

She missed our family Fathers Day picnic due to her cold. Can't be helped, but with one thing or another she misses a lot of family events, and when she is there, she often wants to go home early-ish. So the odd upside was that the get together was able to stretch out for the whole afternoon, which was nice. Ideal would be her being part of all of it, but at present that's "not happening".

thinking of you lots @Smc HeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.