Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Maggie
Community Elder

Broken beyond repair

I've been fooling myself long enough, nothing is ever going to work for me. Some pieces will never fit, the others are crushed. There is no therapy for a mind in chaos. Reading, hopeing the next technique might work, but it never does. The darkness is overwhelming and that is all I have to offer, darkness and emptiness. Small steps always end up back where I started, in the deepest darkest pit, alone. There seems no point. I am too broken. It is all too hard and I no longer have the energy to keep swimming. Hopeless cases do exist, I am one of them.

93 REPLIES 93

Re: Broken beyond repair

@Maggie I know this is probably not what you want to hear but I don’t see the broken you. Since you’ve been on the forum I’ve always been drawn to your light and soul. I see the pain but an amazing gentle spirit. Just today I thought something similar about myself and sent a message to my therapist asking her why she still stays working with me as I’m the eternal hopeless case (I pay her very little so I not it’s not monetary gain). Her response is because I keep showing up no matter what and try (even though i fail more than I achieve). I’ve hardly got far in recovery at all.
I think sometimes our brokenness is much more a part of our thinking than what anyone else sees. I believe it’s hope that is still the strongest factor for me. I have hope for you too. 💜🤗

@Teej Thankyou.

@Maggie Oh Maggie! sweetpea hugs for you. Let me shoulder some of your pain today, I agree wholeheartedly with what @Teej says ... am sitting here with you. gp xx

Oh @greenpea Thankyou. I just can't respond atm, hopefully tomorrow.

Sending you hugs @Maggie ♥♥♥

@Teej I have read and reread your post. As with every post I have read from you, your words are full of wisdom, care and compassion. I have also asked my counsellor the same question, why does she continue with me, her response is, she believes in me. I have no idea what that actually means to be believed in, but I'm hopeing for a lightbulb moments someday, for her sake and my own.

Thankyou for having hope for me at the moment.

@greenpea There you are shouldering more pain, when you have enough of your own to shoulder. Spreading hope and some smiles around the forum. It's always good to see a little green pea avatar appear. Thank you for the company and care. Hope to bump into you today.

@utopia Thanks for responding and dropping off those welcome hugs.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dearest @Maggie,

I actually just popped in this morning to say hi, and noticed this new thread of yours.

I have no words of wisdom for you, no comforting words. But I wanted to say, that I too, believe in you. Nobody goes through what you have (and still do) without an eternal will to live and the desire to become master your own destiny.

I wish you were able to see in yourself, what everyone else here sees in you.

A hug for you Maggie and kindest thoughts.

Sherry Heart

• Image result for I believe in you
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.