Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Been feeling a bit meh but trying to be optimistic

hello everyone Ive been feeling a bit meh with anxiety especailly when needing to be social with family over the last weekend,this week I might need to re implement my self care strategies,feel as though I need a bit of councilling,maybe a long walk in nature and some one on one talks rather than being around too many crowded places at the momment, I definetly felt anxcious going shopping today to the point of sweating,but still went,also been a bit more tired than usual,would say thats to do with low iron though,not to get too personal,Nearly bed time for me here,might try to treat myself a bit,a new candle maybe or a coffee and donuts,just a little something as a pick me up,family support has been wonderfull though things like checking out my car that had some issues and for some reason im needing my own space,quiet time and other times you know just a bit of hugs as a form of comfort ill do something nice for me goodnight everyone 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Been feeling a bit meh but trying to be optimistic

Always nice to find you @LostAngel . I think I could overhaul and revisit my self-care as well. Also very generally in favor of donuts.

Walks in nature can be very healing and sometimes taking time to yourself is just what you need so I am glad you are revisiting your self care activities. I hope you get some good rest tonight. 

Hi @LostAngel,

Sorry to read that you have been a bit flat lately. I've had anxiety on and off most of my life so I can sympathise with how you feel. It sounds like you are really good at recognising the signs, knowing some great strategies to deal with anxiety, and you are good at knowing how to self-care. 

Do you have a GP or counsellor that you can talk to about your feelings? Sounds like it would good for you to chat with someone who can just sit with you in your space and allow you to talk and untangle your thoughts. Just letting you know that here at SANE we have the SANE Support Centre which is a free service and available to support you from 10am-10pm Monday to Friday. We have counsellors and peer support workers available to support you via phone (1800 18 7263) or webchat.

I really happy to read you have great support from your family - it always helps when you feel supported by family.

Sometimes I just want to be alone and do my own thing and other times I want hugs and company too. I think a lot of people feel like that. I've learnt over the years just to go with what I am feeling and if possible allow yourself that time out if you need it. It's sort of like recharging your batteries and I think we all need to do that every now and again.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

thanks @Eden1919 , @wellwellwellnez and @FloatingFeather love your name by the way @FloatingFeather feeling a bit tired tonight after travelling back after a weekend with family , definietley gonna get some sleep tonight might watch a movie before bed or even a quick series to unwind,guess Ill get that coffee,donuts and candle tomorow afternoon,but get some washing done tomorow aswell as sort out bills ect but take time for me tonight and more so tomorow afternoon,thanks for the reminder of the Sane help centre I have found that very helpfull in the past,might go for a walk on Thursday 

hello everyone I felt a bit anxcious /down again this morning but decided to visit my aunt for a chat a cup of tea and I went to a fave bakery to get some apple tea cakes,I listened to Aurora music in the car all of those things seemed to help, got some toiletries too, my aunt really understands some things which was really theraputic ,hope it helped her too I think it did, all in all not a bad day ,even managed to get some bills paid once I got back home, sunny weather all in all a good day ,Ive got an appointment tomorow,been looking online for houses to inspect,might get some dinner now cheers everyone stay safe ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.