Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Aggie
Senior Contributor

Anniversaries! No escaping

I’m sitting here tonight, pondering the acceptance of what I’m going through instead of fighting it.!!

Christmas has been really tough for me the last three years due to a traumatic event I’ve been healing through trauma counselling and it’s been really good. I’m beginning to pull back the layers and find who I really am. It’s just I realise tonight I cannot control how my body and mind reacts to this time a year I had not even realise the date, but I was wondering why I was finding it harder than usual to meet my needs and why my nightmares had really ramped up and then it dawned on me, the date .

it’s amazing how our mind and body won’t let us forget I’m accepting that this is a tough time and that’s its okay but it’s difficult to explain it to the people around me.

I’m struggling still after three years !!

What’s really bothering me is I have pretty vivid dreams and I thought lucid dreaming was  normal I can’t control them, but it’s like I get no sleep does anybody else suffer from this? I’m just wondering I noticed this time last year, my dreaming got really full on

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Anniversaries! No escaping

@Aggie when I've been through stress and trauma I just get my meridians aligned by an acupuncturist as the trauma gets trapped there.  By clearing these lines the trauma gets flushed out.

Another thing you can do is use smoky quartz crystal.  I use it to get rid of nightmares and dispel negative energy.  I also notice smoky quartz gets you through tough times.  Crystals emit frequencies that modulate with your aura thereby affecting you on a physical, emotional and mental level. So the crystals possess metaphysical properties.

The energy of the crystal is like being wrapped in an energetic snug blanket so you feel happy and reassured free from the effects of troubling influences.  

You must use crystals properly or they won't work. They have to be cleansed and charged for them to be effective. These are some of the effective things I use to deal with the things you mentioned. I don't know if its for you but I can say they have worked for me in the past

@Aggie  I don’t think I have meet you before, so hi 👋 

trauma anniversaries suck. I have 2 each year, one of which is coming up in January and my trauma responses are already starting to ramp up. Increase in flashbacks and nightmares, as well as bodily sensations and pain. I hate it… and my anxiety is horrible knowing that all of this is only going to get worse. 

I’m not sure I can add anything that would be of help, but know that I am with you. 

Hi @SmilingGecko 

I'm finding myself looking at the xmas season through an acceptance and commitment therapy lens. That might seem a bit extreme to some people. But for others, xmas can be a time for dwelling and ACT tends to help me with un-focusing and re-focusing what I'm dwelling on.

I mention it because, xmas is suppose to be about so many things but like all the good xmas tales say it's really supposed to one thing. I'll call that thing, some sort of experience with the "sacred".

One thing that I really like about the season is the good-will moments between people I've never met before. I much prefer "merry xmas" to "how you going". Honestly, I'm the type who feels pressure to explain "how I'm going" and the "merry xmas" tradition solves that for me.

@Aggie  you got me thinking about crystal cleansing and I think I realized something. Apart from having cleaner crystals, the practice puts you in the role of being the cleanser. For the crystal is like a mind and a mind like a crystal. I'm sitting here asking myself "is it even possible to cleanse a crystal without you yourself being cleansed?" Probably not, if I'm doing my crystal-math correctly.

Hey @Aggie ,

It's great you are able to reach out to the community. Christmas can be a difficult time for many. I know it was for me for many years.

At first, I needed external supports to help me through that time, but over the years, I've been able to manage better.

I look forward to ready other people's experiences too!

@SmilingGecko thank you so much for your response, I must try the acupuncture been on my list of to do things do i use a acupressure mat at the moment do you know much about those and if so how to release the stagnant Trauma? 
and I’m very familiar with smoky quartz. I have a couple of very beautiful pieces. I’ve been a collector since I was four years old. I love my crystals so much and I’m glad you brought that up in your response because sometimes the little things that we have that make us happy we forget in the Trauma Fogg that’s why I’m grateful for this community. Thank you so much

@Bow that is enough just you mentioning that makes me feel not alone and  it really does suck!! I can definitely relate to the body sensation in pain I even get auditory hallucination and my hearing goes really sensitive all my senses do I’ll be thinking of you in January. Reach out if you need to chat because I’m going through the same stuff from now and then & ramping back up on Boxing Day I guess you get it Trauma so complex do you do anything to take your mind off it like hobbies? I’m pretty crafty and I love to paint I thought I’ll get some bookbinding stuff yesterday to keep my mind occupied and teach myself how to do that. Take care xxx

Oh and @Bow hi nice to meet you

• @wellwellwellnez yeah, that’s a good analogy about crystals! I’ve got an interesting view on crystals. Hope this isn’t too crazy thinking, but I think crystals don’t change their energy vibration. They stay at the frequency which is in line with mother Earth /nature and because they don’t have a conscience they can’t produce any negativity thought or hold any I think it comes down to what energy your vibing 🥰😊

I’m a bit crafty too @Aggie but really haven’t done any for ages. I’ve got a canvas in my room that I started…. It’s glaring at me to finish it but I just have zero motivation. I like to garden too… swept up a heap of leaves and rubbish under my patio, now it’s just sitting there waiting for me to put it in the bin. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.