Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

greenpea
Senior Contributor

Angry ....

Does anyone else feel angry about their diagnosis or that of their loved one. I am really angry tonight about my son2's diagnosis. So often have I sat placidly taking in the experts advice re medication, where he is likely to be in the next 10, 20 etc years ... all of that and it just makes me so angry. It is so unfair ... it is not right how this has affected not only him but our whole family. 

I am sick to my teeth of it and then there is my diagnosis ... just to cap it off ....I feel like I am about to explode I am so angry and yet I wont I will just keep it bottled up as usual and go on with life because that is what we all do isn't it. 

Well it is just not fair or right and I am sick to the teeth of it. greenpea

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Angry ....

Hi Greenpea,

I can see that you're experiencing a lot of stress and frustration. Sometimes the experts can give you a diagnosis, and it only raises more questions and uncertainty. When my Father was ill, we used to see a lot of medical experts, and at times I felt very powerless and uncertain about what they had to say. I often didn't know how to cope. I did find that it really does help to find someone to open up to about it, and also to focus on the positive actions (few and far between as they might be) that I could take to do something about it. I used to sit with my father out on the balcony, in the sun where he liked to warm up. And though it didn't take his illness away, it did help to lighten the burden of the situation we were in as a family. Hope this helps.

Also, on an unrelated note, I really like your user name 'greenpea' 🙂

Hi Greenpea,

I can see that you're experiencing a lot of stress and frustration. Sometimes the experts can give you a diagnosis, and it only raises more questions and uncertainty. When my Father was ill, we used to see a lot of medical experts, and at times I felt very powerless and uncertain about what they had to say. I often didn't know how to cope. I did find that it really does help to find someone to open up to about it, and also to focus on the positive actions (few and far between as they might be) that I could take to do something about it. I used to sit with my father out on the balcony, in the sun where he liked to warm up. And though it didn't take his illness away, it did help to lighten the burden of the situation we were in as a family. Hope this helps.

Also, on an unrelated note, I really like your user name greenpea 🙂

@greenpea Hi 🙂 I'm not sure what your sons illness is,   I'm only new here on the site and fumbling my way through navigating on the site. Anyway you text me few times on my schizophrenia post and you were very kind to me. So I just wanted to say I am so sorry you are overloaded with anger at the moment.  From a parents point of view nothing is more crushing than feeling helpless to help our children, so I can understand your anger right now.  But the truth is,  regardless you can't see it right now your strength, courage and support for your son is healing him in ways beyond your imagining. And all your pain and effort in helping your son will be revealed as he becomes stronger over time. I know that sounds cliche but please believe me, the Higher Energies gave you your son for a reason.  You are the perfect soul to be at his side and get him through this difficult time.  Be angry you have every right to be, it's all part of the healing course. I use tennis when I am angry, it is such a great feeling to bash that ball across the net.  Maybe there is sport that will release some of your anger? Love and Light to your son and your family. 

@SPD Thanks SPD for your kind words :).My son has autism, epilepsy and a psychosis (schizo ).  You are right of course, I believe in spirituality and things happening for a reason. It is just sometimes it all gets a bit too much for the pea to cope with.... I normally do yoga and qi gong (calming exercises) so maybe I should include tennis and thrash a ball around the court as well 🙂

@Median_Frontier Hi Median_Frontier and thank you for your reply :). I am sorry to hear about your father, you have my condolences. I have a good support network particularly with my daughter but still at times I feel helpless and worry about what the future will bring for son2 when I am gone. 

He will outlive me and who will be there to look out for him ... sure there are organizations in place but none will be as caring as a parent ... it is not right.

Thank you re comment on name 🙂 

I understand feeling angry about MH diagnoses in the family. @greenpea

There are so many different feelings on this journey and anger is certainly reasonable when we consider the suffering. 

Smiley SadSmiley MadSmiley Frustrated

The physicality of anger can be hard to manage.

Smiley IndifferentSmiley Happy

I saw some videos saying we should not use a label or diagnoses on those we love, but it is also a meaningful way of describing the seriousness of the situations we live with.

@Median_Frontier I liked hearing about you sitting on the balcony with your father. 

Smiley Happy

I would have liked to do that with mine.  He had Schizophrenia but died when he was 45.He was sick in the last 6 years.  There was nobody able to help him. I was only 11.

I tried.  

Heart

Hello @SPD

Smiley Happy

Greenpea I am not sure what to say as I am not a mother. I can understand your anger and your worry however, especially when it comes to future care of your son2. You only want the best for him (as any parent would). It must be heartbreaking.

I thought I'd throw my two cents in and say my diagnosis makes me angry too. It has cost me friends, family, home, relationships and a career. I'm not giving up though. I have one more unit of study and I am qualified.

@Appleblossom that must have been so hard seeing your father so sick Appleblossom 😞 and dying at such an early age when you were only a youngan. 

Thank you for your words Appleblossom. greenpea xxxHeart

@Queenie well done on your studies!!!! one more unit left that is fantastic :). That has brightened my day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.