Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Am Not Coping

You're welcome @Zoe7, have a good day today / a good weekend to you and all 🙂

@Former-Member I am not going to ask how you are because I know you are still doing it really tough but instead I will send you lots of these Heart and huge hugs Smiley Very Happy

Mor garage wall building for me today @Former-Member - hoping to get the remainder of the frame built. Hope you have a good day/weekend too Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Zoe7, wow!!! building acgarage wall! what on earth! you're amazing taking that on, I can't even imagine howhow to, accept head imaged of brick laying... Yikes! Good luck with it.

I'm house hunting today, and filling out rental applications... I think, might go back to bed though lol

Morning @Zoe7. All the best with the garage wall hun.

I'm using cement sheeting as it is protected from the elements @Former-Member but I need to build the framing first to attach it to. I need to grind off some bolts and cut a small piece of concrete first today to put up the next support beam - a fair bit still to do but it is getting there. I also feel like going back to sleep this morning so might have a nap before I get myself mobile to get started again today.

Thanks @Sans911 - a bit to do today and the temperture is supposed to be much less today so should be able to smash it out easier without having to have so many breaks. It is cooler in the garage in the morning before the sun mves around and makes it feel more like a hot house than a garage. How are you feeling today - still tired or a little more energy?

I'm feeling a little better thanks @Zoe7 but I'm not going to do too much this morning. I've got my volunteer shift of 4hours at the op shop later today & that's usually busy so I'll try to conserve some energy.

More than likely I'll just potter around this morning doing some smaller tasks. I have someone coming to collect a wardrobe, so that'll be another thing gone and money to feed the cats and me.

You are getting it all done by degrees @Sans911 and that is a good thing. Sometimes pacing ourselves is what is needed and it seems that you need to do that today until your volunteering shift. I know that you like to make yorself useful so the shift will be full on for you but only 4 hours will go pretty quickly - especially if you are busy. I love that you are doing the volunteering work and get so much out of it Smiley Very Happy

@Sans911 & @Zoe7 you guys are really inspiring! @Sans911 I also think it’s great you do volunteering. Any developments re the 8 hours shift possibility or are you not ready/not given opportunity for that at this point? As you may be aware, I may be unemployed soon & the biggest concern other than finances is my mental health. From phone calls I’ve made in last few days I should be able to get a similar job but with a 30-40 minute commute & more demands (eg. Comprehensive functional assessments & negotiating funding levels). The thought of it is somewhat stressful & tiring, but I suppose I’ll be ok. Job I applied for yesterday would be much more stressful & exhausting (but much more my skilllset) but I doubt I’d be shortlisted for interview anyway. Does anyone find that even without a physical health condition that they don’t have enough energy? Really neglecting housework & kids at present but it only makes things worse to feel bad about it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.