Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Still waiting to fins out what school I will be at but not expecting any news on that front until at least next week @Sam3 I will hopefully be working 4 days with the Wednesday off to continue with DBT and appointments. I won't know anything until I am allocated that school but will send an email next week to see where the process is at presently.

Hopefully you find work quickly but even better if you are kept on where you are currently - it is a precsrious position to be in but you have skills you can use to get through it and hoepfully find  new position wuickly if you need to.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Sam3 and also @Zoe7 @Former-Member @TAB @Appleblossom and others.

Sam, I did an online "CBT with Mindfulness" course about 3 years ago.  I think the course itself was quite good and was run by a renouned Sydney based organisation, with psychologists available whenever needed etc.  Its one my psychologist suggested to me and I was lucky enough to get on it.  I worked my way though it over a (I think) 3 month period.  Though you could go at a different pace if you chose.  I found some of it helpful.  But I just cannot get the hang of Mindfulness.  Try as I might, I simply do not have the ability to concentrate when under stressful situations.  I know you are meant to practice, practice, practice ... mainly when not especially stressed ... so that when needed, it is more likely to kick in naturally.  But for me ... it just doesnt happen.  Everything I learn, everything I practice ... goes right out the door, forgotten.  Its disappointing.  I know mindfulness is great, I know it helps so many, but if you cannot do it when most in need, then it is not of much value after all.   I guess I really just need to practice more and try harder? 

Sam, your plans to spend some time with some of the kids sounds like a good one.  In between job hunting.  Although it sounds pretty promising that the job agency has high hopes for placing you somewhere quickly.  Maybe even where you are currently, being so conveniently placed. Just have to wait and see.  Try not to stress over it too much, I feel sure things will fall into place to suit.  As @Former-Member says, you have sacrificed a lot over the years to comply with other's needs, and now you deserve a little luck in things going your way for a change.  I'm sure it will.

I dont have much planned for today, other than a trip into town to collect hubby's medications and do a quick grocery shop. A load of washing almost ready to hang out on the line before I go.  Sheets and towells done for the week.  Yay!

Sherry 🌺

I hope you get everything done today that you need to @Former-Member I am very slow to get moving today but I have got dressed so that is a start. Next step is to hook up the trailer and get to Bunnings but still lacking motivation to do that just yet. Been laying down with Toby most of the morning and hsving small naps - still very tired - need to find some energy from somewhere to get moving today.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for thinking of me @Zoe7

I noticed your “hi” late last night, but didn’t reply then, as I thought you’d probably be asleep already. 

I hope you’re feeling better today and sleep was better last night. 

Wondering how reduction in meds is going for you. I noticed first night wasn’t great, but could’ve been related to your full on day. 

💜🦋

Hi everyone. 👋💜

Former-Member
Not applicable

Just read your previous message @Zoe7

I hope your day gets better. Otherwise take care and rest up. 💜

Last night wasnt so great either - ended up sleeping on the couch all night @Former-Member Woke up a couple of times but got back to sleep pretty quickly. Going to take my meds earlier tonight to see if they work earlier too. Have napped on and off all morning so far but have finally got up and got dressed so thst is a start. Toby has been keeping me company on the couch but is also up now - sitting outside in the sun before it gets too warm for him. If I can hook up the trailer I cn get to Bunnings - just need to get my butt into gear and don't want to leave it too late incase that wind gets up again.

Do you have any plans for today?

Former-Member
Not applicable

No plans yet @Zoe7 Hoping I can get out of the house. Still in pjs. 

Humidity zaps my energy. Air con is good in the house, but getting out is the problem. 

Being home all the time isn’t fun. 

See what happens. 

Hang in there. Here’s hoping sleep will be better tonight for you. 

Im still on half sleep med. it helps in some ways. 

Dreaded panic attacks wake me.

Catch you later. 

Id better shower and try doing something, so I don’t feel so useless. 

💜🌷

I really need to get moving myself - force myself to get things done otherwise it will get too hot here to do anything too. If I can at least get to Bunnings then I will have achieved something today @Former-Member Enjoy your shower and I hope you can get out of the house too. Heart

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Former-Member @Sam3 @Former-Member @TAB and others passing through...

I finally got my butt into gear and got to Bunnings. Cement sheeting has been purchased so now I need to finish the framing of the wall in the garage and then I can sheet it. I have a few days of nice weather here to get it done but I will need help with the sheeting because I can't hold it and nail it in at the same time. Will ask my sister to help when she is available sometime over the next few days. She has already said she will help when I need it so that is lovely of her.

It is getting too hot today to do too much at a time so I will have to do it in stages. I also need to head to the shop sometime this afternoon so might get that done first.

Hope everyone is having a good day whether it be doing things or resting - both we need to do sometimes Smiley Happy

@Zoe7  & @Former-Member

Thanks for tags.  I really need a lot of quiet in the morning.   It takes a lot of various meditative/mindfulness to bring my brain to a settled level of activity... and also just to let myself be, and not pummel myself around too much.

Have a good day, with what is left of it.

Smiley Happy

@Sam3 a lot of people on the site have oodles of experience ... positive "lived experience" as well as the other .... sigh ... the strength of the commun ity comes from the totality of us all.  Good luck with job and enjoy your little one.

Smiley Happy

@Former-Member  Your posts have a lot of empathy... and ...You have done the hard yards.

Smiley Happy

@Former-Member & @TAB

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.