Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Night @Zoe7 @Shaz51 I hope you can have rhe time off would be good

Night @Zoe7 @Shaz51 hope your time off is good

good night @Pepsimax HeartHeart

Night @Shaz51 sleep well

Hi @Zoe7

What a bummer - and how rotten to find out about your posters after your Goodbye speech and flowers - disappointing hey - 

Not good - I guess you were away for a while and there are people who just take things no one seems to own - seems to own - they were yours and obviously valuable

Maybe you will find them - I hope so - but it must give you as bad feeling after all the work you have done to get back into teaching - I am so sorry

Posters cost a lot of money - I know - and are often great teaching tools

And then you had a busy time shopping for Christmas - if I eventually get around to that I will be busy too - 

And of course - today - I must send a Happy Birthday to Toby -  of course he doesn't know but you do and the rest of us do and we wish him the best

Happy Birthday TobyHappy Birthday TobyDec

Hi @Shaz51

One foot in front of the other as you said - that's the best we can do - in fact no matter what - whatever our circumstances that is the best we can do - more than that and people can fall on their face - I know - I have done that

I hope the 10 days you and Mr Shaz are having off go well - I have got the feeling Mr Shaz will get anxious about that - I know he can't help it and it must be horrible for him feeling like that - horrible for you too

But you will be able to see your Mum - I hope she is going okay - improving - I didn't post much yesterday so I am a little bit out of touch but still thinking of you

Dec

Thanks @Maggie

Yes - a migraine is draining and yesterday I was pretty exhausted - I slept a lot

But thanks - it is very humid here after an excessive amount of rain - it's a big tropical

I think today will be better - I slept a lot yesterday and then all night and feel okay this morning

All the best today Maggie - I hope you have the best day you can

Dec

I hope the posters are returned. @Zoe7

Smiley Happy

@Pepsimax

Getting stuff down around the house helps.

Smiley Happy

@Shaz51 10 days hols .... Great idea.

Smiley Happy

@Owlunar

Sorry about migraines and difficult time of year.

Smiley Happy

@Sans911

Smiley Happy

Hope you ALL have a good day. 

I need to get things done.

Smiley Happy

Thanks @Owlunar and @Appleblossom The great poster hunt will begin tomorrow while I am sorting out some other stuff that is still there. There was a whole lot of games too but I am not as worried about them - I know most of them can be replaced but I certainly don't have the money to do that - games are not cheap either - all very disappointing Smiley Sad

I can only wait until tomorrow and ask people if they know where they have been moved to and/or stored and hope for the best.

Hi @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom @Owlunar @Pepsimax @Shaz51 @Sans911 @Snowie @Teej @CheerBear @TheVorticon @Former-Member (all all I have forgotten - my brain is fried today Smiley Surprised)

I have come home from a long morning and afternoon so far but I have got something for my Dad and finished with all appointments for the day. I have so much housework to get done but hanging out the washing is the priority - need to get something dry to wear tomorrow lol. 

I don't have any appointments for 2 weeks but I think the break will be good also. My first appointment is the 2nd January with my psych and then DBT, pdoc and gp the week after - all back pretty quickly this year so I won't be left alone at all. My GP today reminded me that I can call her if I need but we both agree that I am in a much better place this break than I have ever been and I probably will not need that extra support - it was great to be able to say that too Smiley Very Happy

We looked at our diary cards for this last module and it is the first time I could say I have had a couple of months of being quite stable. There have been a few ups and downs but on th whole those times have only lasted 1-2 days as opposed to the weeks I was having - this is all progress and it did feel good to both recognise and admit that. I am definitely not 'healed' - don't think that ever happens but I am beginning to feel much more like I do have a future and that is a massive statement for me to make.

Throughout this whole saga with the principal and going back to school I have been able to hold my head up high, put up with everything she has thrown at me - and guess what - I not only survived but found I still had that passion for teaching (something else I thought was gone forever). I can honestly say that I am proud of the person I am and how I have dealt with all this - who would have thought that only a couple of months ago.

Life is by no means perfect but I have a renewed sense that I will make it and that is gold right now.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.