Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@Zoe7 @Mazarita @eth @CheerBear @greenpea @Shaz51 @Adge @Exoplanet 

@Appleblossom @BlueBay @Bella @Former-Member and all

Am going through a rough time, fell over in the bath and broke some ribs and have been bed ridden for over a month.

Still have not been able to find another place to live my lease ran out and am just on a weekly basis, but havecno money to get another place as always minus in my bank, and the real estate agents are taking me to housing court as Im behind in the water bill and just don't have the money to pay it.

My eldest son the one with High functioning Autism had been taking my money without telling me and he promised to pay it back but never did and it put me behind with all my bills that on my pension i can't make it up.

The NDIS i did a review for have lost everythjng i sent in, so now I have to re-apply again.

So all in all not in a good place, it just seems like one bad thing after another just keeps happening, I believe im jinxed and wish it would end.

Oh @saturnzoon 😔 That all sounds pretty horrible. It's so hard to understand how housing can be so unfair in this country. I had no idea it was as bad as it was until we were in a seriously difficult housing situation. It's not right. Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your son too.

Also not fair with the NDIS 🙁 Did they lose the hard copies of your review paperwork? If you are able to scan it and send it all digitally it can be really helpful. I had an "oops we can't find all of your access paperwork" too and was thankfully able to simply click send again. Not very helpful for you now though.

Last time we caught up I think you were working on a crochet blanket. Have you been able to do anymore of it?

Hugs for you and your tough times ❤

@saturnzoon  Sweetheart you have been going through such a hard time:(. I am almost lost for words except to say that I am here.....we all are here to listen and try and help you get through all of these rotten circumstances that you are going through. Love always greenpea xxxx

hRe: @Re: A long rave

Thanks @CheerBear The staples did hurt when they came out, but generally my entire tummy is sore anyway.

At least I won't be Metal Man anymore, after Sunday (hopefully).

I will still be Plastic Fantastic though - because I had a large plastic mesh put in, to stop the hernia coming back.

I'm so sorry to hear that things have been really tough for you @saturnzoon

I really hope that things turn around for you soon.

Last December was like that for me - I am still recovering from the aftermath.

Adge

So sorry you are going through so much @saturnzoon but I am glad you have come back here for support in what is a really tough time for you. 💚💜💙🧡💛

@Adge It is good that you have some of the staples out. I hope your sore tummy can improve once they are all out.

@saturnzoon so sorry to hear how rough things are for you at the moment.  One thing that comes to mind is that centrelink can refer you to a community organization for an interest free or very low interest loan, and also for emergency help with housing ( might be anglicare or centrecare or catholicare but it would vary from place to place who's doing it). They (c'link) have a list of support organizations for your area.  If you have a local community centre they should also be able to help with referrals for assistance.

Hope your ribs are healing and that you'll be up and about soon.

@Adge  good to hear your recovery is progressing.  

Re: hRe: @Re: A long rave

@Adge  'Plastic fantastic" ..... Lmao Adge! 😄 I reckon you are a fantastic finch who has a wonderful sense of humour considering everything you have been through. :)xxxxx

sRe: hRe: @Re: A long rave

Thanks @greenpea You're a perky pea yourself.

Plastic Fantasic was something to do with a Superhero.

I don't like the idea of having plastic (or metal) in me - so I'm trying to humour myself, with thoughts of gaining super-powers.

Just kidding, of course....

Adge

Re: sRe: hRe: @Re: A long rave

I had an older adult male piano student who liked to show off his titanium leg ... made him worth more than the 6 million $ man!

@Adge 

Smiley Happy

Re: sRe: hRe: @Re: A long rave

@Adge  When I think of Plastic Fantastic I think of a singer (for want of a better word lol) from the 1980s called Plastic Bertrand. Do you remember this song ?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLYHTsDV7Lg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.