Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@Zoe7  Well yesterday was my big day as my birth mother came to visit :). I am adopted and she is visiting from overseas so it was a big day as she met up with daughter and son2. 🙂

That must have been super exciting for you @greenpea So lovely that she met up with your daughter and son2 as well - a special day for you all Smiley Very Happy

Hi @greenpea & @Zoe7 

Yes exhausting.

I didn't plan it that way.

It's often because appointments are only available on the one day.

Or in this case, largely because work never gives me enough forward notice of my shifts (where, when, what) - so the only day (time off) that I can be sure of (to schedule appointments) is currently Tuesday.

Psych appnt went well, thanks.

She is concerned that I might take on "too much at once" - in terms of goals or things to achieve. Then become overwhelmed, & fall in a heap (so to speak).

So she advised me to take things slowly, & try to break things down into "small steps", or just a little at a time...

Ultrasound scan on Thursday will be on my neck (very painful & disrupting sleep).

Dr doesn't want to give me further treatment for the shoulder (bursitis), although it's been getting worse again.

He just recommended a physiotherapist, which I was already doing (seeing) - so I booked physio again, for tomorrow morning.

Adge

Pea time sounds good @Zoe7 I like pea time too...

Adge

We do often try to take on too much as we expect we should be doing more than we are but that can then lead to us doing too much and 'crashing' as a result @Adge  You also know yourself very well and know what you can and cannot cope with but remember that not everything has to be done at once and you can take your time to achieve things you want to. It must feel even more difficult for you though with all the physical things you are dealing with so take it easy on yourself Heart

An excellent reminder @Zoe7 Not everything has to be done at once.

Even though it would be so nice, if it had been done yesterday...

Fear (or negative thinking) that "this is my only opportunity" - motivates my trying to do it all at once (not so good)...

Adge

Fear is such a common factor in what we can and cannot achieve @Adge  but you don't need to do everything at once - the tortoise always beats the hair buddy - so take it slowly and do what you can - the rest will wait for another day.

I so love the Tortoise & Hare story @Zoe7

"Slow & steady wins the race".

Or is it "Good looks alone aren't enough"?

Because the Hare is maybe much better-looking, than the Tortoise - but the Tortoise was far more dedicated...

Adge

LOL @Adge  I guess the good looks are in the eye of the beholder - I kind of like the tortoise in terms of looks too - think they are pretty cute but get what you mean.

Never actually thought about that story from that angle before. It is wonderful though that we can take the same story and look at it from different angles - different views are food for thought.

Good morning  to @Zoe7 @Mazarita @Adge @eth @Exoplanet @outlander  and all those who pass hoping everyone is well and has a wonderful Wednesday 😄 xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.