Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Word for the Day - Comfort or Play

Relaxation:

Floating

Reading

Dreaming

Sitting in the sun

Sitting in the shade

Being surrounded by nature

Listening to the birds

Lying on the couch

Sleeping

good luck braving the shopping centres @Razzle i still have to get there over the coming days and that is not something im looking forward to.
a hair appointment sounds lovely though and a nice way to have a breather.

@Maggie im with you, music helps me too most of the time... thank you for sharing that song too

@Lauz love the pic! its very cute

@utopia i love your relaxation list

I find long hot showers, having a cup of tea outside, reading a book with some music on, and sitting at the beach watching the waves wuite realxing.

Ohhhhhh yessssss loooong hot showers. Life savers. @outlander

.. all of @utopia’s list, plus @outlander s waves plus walking can be for me. I flew a kite a couple times as an adult so maybe that’s relaxing and or fascinating well someone commented ‘well if you could see the look on your face’.. 😸

Relaxation to me is to be under my covers in my comfy bed. Bliss!

I had a relaxing morning but seem to need more!

Let sleeping Cats Lie ...

L Freud - Sleeping CatL Freud - Sleeping Cat

Well, my relaxing day kind of got shot to the $hithouse.  Got some shopping done, the hardest present is always the Wishing Tree gift I buy for my 9yo son that I lost in a car accident 12 years ago.  I always want to buy the perfect gift.  Today my mums dementia was a bit of a battle and she was very grumpy all day, it just made me angry and upset - not at her, just at the dementia and the unfairness of it all.  I feel like I’ve rushed the purchase, I just feel $hit about the whole thing.

By the time I got to my hair appointment I had totally lost all my resolve, I was terribly uncomfortable having anyone touch me and I just wanted it to be over.    I’m sitting here now feeling like my skin is full of prickles, I want to cry my eyes out - I just feel like €rap.

The worst part is that mum got stuborn and decided to sit in the car most of the afternoon so hubby went into shops while I sat in the car with her.  Now I have to go back in the next few days and finish the gift shopping.  It’s just all too hard, it shouldnt have to be this hard 

Hiding under the covers sounds good to me @greenpea esp those fresh sheet feels

Hey @Razzle what a really hard day for you. Not relaxing at all 😞
I totally get how stubborn elderly can be. Im a carer too
I really hope you get moments of peace today. Hugs xo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.