Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: With coffee .... without coffee. A place for us coffee lovers and coffee!

Smiley LOL thanks for the giggle @Former-Member , haven't seen that Snoopy character in ages. Hope you're having a good weekend.

morning @LadyleahRDBloom @BlueBay @Shaz51 hope you're enjoying your coffees this morning and will have a peaceful Sunday. I'm having a stove-top decaffinated coffee right now, I've been hitting the tart strength, stove-top coffee all week to get up & ready for work early so today I'm trying to take it down a notch & joining @Gazza75 in the decaf experience. It tastes really good, can't tell the difference. 

Image result for pic of espresso

Monring @Gazza75 , hope you're having a lovely weekend. I guess you're at the farm?

That's great you'll be opening a instagram account, it's not the same as catching up in person but a nice way to stay connected & up to date with her travels.

It sounds like you'd like to see you brother better supported? You're such a loyal and caring brother, he's lucky to have you. It must be frstrating to have to step back and let things happen, I would feel a strong impulse to intervene & express my anger to whoever isn't up to the mark with suppoerting him. Hopefully things will improve with time. I repeated the same advice to my brother what felt like 1000 times (for him to switch to more effective anti-psychotics) and he finally took it & then felt much better on better meds. But boy did it test my patience.

You're 'symptoms' do sound a little concerning and not much fun. Negative thoughts can really drag you down & dampen motivation and outlook. Would it be helpful to diarise what's going on? I know some people find it helpful to track their mood/thoughts either thru the day or over the week to identify any triggers and reactions to get a better control over it. You've had a loss & a setback with your brother so it's natural you'd feel down after that but if it persists for many days maybe it is withdrawals. I'm so glad walks & the gym help, it's awesome you have that capacity.

Yeah, I went out to dinner Fri & Sat night, it was really fun & nice to catch up with friends. Asian fusion & yummy Korean. My friend surprised me Fri night at dinner & we ended up having a drink after dinner which was nice, it just happened organically - usually I have to work quite hard to make social things happen.

That is really tough with unreliable motivation for the gym. I agree it's good the scales are broke. I don't have any & only weigh myself at the GP. I'm certain that your muscles will be getting stronger as you put in such consistent work. Plus, muscles weigh a lot more than fat so people often find they gain weight when they start working out & exercising becuase they're putting on muscle. In any case you're putting in an awesome effort, I'm well impressed, keep up the good work if you can, you've put in so much for so long it'd be awesome to keep building on that achievement.

Would you like to go on a hike? Are there any familiar ones you can easily access? Maybe just a hour to start with? My fav's are an hour or 1.5 hours drive away but I know them like the back of my hand so can rush out & do them on impulse (one advantage of anxiety!) with minimum motivtion and concentration. I dont' have to navigate I can just do them mindlessly.

I know your talk is coming up shortly. How are you feeling about it? I know it will be a tremendous talk & your colleagues are lucky to hear it, you have a wealth of wisdom & expereince & a cool personality & sense of humour.

Hope your Sunday is a peaceful one, sending you happy vibes & energy to chase away any negative thoughts - dont' believe them, you're progressing well every day and are a great guy, juggling a lot of difficult factors & responsibilites with aplomb. Cat Happy

good afternoo @BryanaCamp , @LadyleahRDBloom , @Former-Member , @Gazza75 , @BlueBay 

hot coffee.jpg

Dairy-Free-Ice-Hot-Chocolate-l-SimplyScratch.com-10-620x929.jpg

Morning @BryanaCamp ,

Fingers crossed your first unsupervised shift goes swimmingly.  I'm sure it will.  

I spent the weekend on the coast.  Probably this week as well.  

I'd definitely like to see my brother better supported, but, I can't really change things there.  They get some help with garden and house maintenance.  He's also had his home and yard modified so its better suited for him.  I just wish his wife was more considerate and thoughtful of him, they way she moves him round at times is a bit rough.  I don't now why she doesn't ask for help from other people if they are there.  

I've kind of done the diary thing for a while, though I'm not doing it now.  I think the negativity is in part due to my sleep.  I've had trouble getting to sleep a few times recently, normally I doze off straight away and its no problem.  It's hard to put my finger on or explain, I just don't feel quite right and seem to get frustrated with things I shouldn't be.  I try and use my breathing to combat it and to force myself t think more positive.

Your weekend dinner and drinks sound wonderful.  It's nice when things like that just evolve.  Good on you for getting out there and doing it.  Looks like you squeezed in a big hike as well.  WTG 🙂

The scales are back online and no surprse my weight hasn't gone anywhere.  At least it hasn't gone north which is something.  I do feel stronger from working out, but, I don't think thats where most of my weight has come from.  It's all around the belly and waist.  I'm just trying to hang in there for another month or two and hoping my metabolism kick starts and something happens.  

I do like hiking a lot.  I used to go a lot with ex girlfriend, but, not so much now.  I should get back into it.  I'm spoilt for choice on where to go as there are so many good ones near me on the coast.  

My talk is tomorrow.  I'm a bit nervous about it.  Be nice to get it over and done with though.  I'll probably get a few more questions than most people have so far.  Time will tell on that one.  

I had a nice Sunday, your messages always pick me up.  Thanks for thinking of me and the happy vibes.  Hopefully I can keep juggling everything and not drop the ball on anything to badly.

I really hope your day and week goes well.  I read on the other thread that your meds seem to be working better with your early starts.  That's really a positive side effect, maybe in time it will become even more pronounced as your body clock fully adjusts to the early starts you are getting.  I enjoyed your hiking pics in the fitness thread as well, it's nice of you to share your adventures with the rest of us.  If I get out I will try and do the same.  

I'll get out for some walk todays, its been blowing an absolute gale the last few days here.  I'm glad you have some decent decaf to, I had to try a few before I found one that was nice 🙂

Take care 

Good Morning

@LadyleahRDBloom , @Darcy , @BlueBay@Owlunar@Doglover@Shaz51 

Hope you all have a good day.  Stay safe and warm 🙂

hi @Gazza75 want to wish you best of luck with your talk today, though I'm sure you don't need it, you'll be simply awesome! I wish I could come along and listen, it'd be fascinating!!

My first unsupervised shift was super busy & went quick, I was a bit wobbly but hopefully will improve with practice. The customers were really cute & appreciative, it's nice to be of service. I'm at 2 new libraries today for my other job, I will be like a fish out of water but it's just supervised shifts so will have plenty of support.

I borrowed a health & fitness book (now that I have plenty of library collections to access!) and it had this great quote about how when you start working out you often gain weight. I can't find the exact quote but will find it for you later.

Yeah, I have been feeling really positive with my meds working better. I went to dinner at my sister;s sunday night & was shocked at how negative the vibe was, my teenage nephews were so sullen & agro and my sister was really hard to connect with. It was a shock to notice how different it felt when I was in a happy state (as that's so alien to me). I feel a bit down from that but hopefully will bounce back with work.

Hope you have a good day today, I'm sure your talk will be terrific Smiley Happy

@BryanaCamp, thanks a lot.  I'll be glad to get the talk out the way.  You are a good friend, so supportive. I'm sorry to hear about your sister being negative.  That's one good thing about my brother, if he starts going down that path he pulls himself up more often than not.  The only thing that doesn' wash with him now is that people are worse off than he is.  

No hurry on the quote from the book.  I'm not planning on going to far.  You certainly have a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips now.  

I took the night off from the gym.  It's my first one off for a few weeks I think, my ankle or achlles is giving me a bit of trouble.  Sometimes I push a bit too hard on one of the machines and pay the penalty.  It's not the first time its happened.

It's great you are being really positive.  I notice the vibe with my SIL is dour when she is around, she looks at me with total disdain.  Maybe I rub her the wrong way, but, I act like we're best of friends because it probably irks her.  

How did you find your decaf experience?  It took me a few goes to find a nice one. 

Wishing you a really good day.  Stay safe.

Please say hello to @Farmchick when you can everyone 🙂

These are all so good I'm going to have to spend the rest of the night online finding all these awesome coffee memes. Thanks for the laugh all, coffee is the only thing I haven't had to quit and I cling to it like a baby's bottle! Smiley LOL

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.