Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Community Garden :)

Lovely @Former-Member Makes me want to paddle Smiley Happy

Thanks for this thread 🙂 I spend a lot of time working in my garden and it is no where near as beautiful as what is on display here. Love the art work too 🙂

I had a snake in my garden today! He was asleep in a flower pot and I startled him. Scared me a little. but I knew they were around. I have some very naughty chickens that escaped their day run and messed up my piles of leaves again, so I shall have to be very careful when I go to rake up the mess again later. The snake was on the other side of tthe property to the chickens so I dont think they attracted it, but I know the mess they have made will help the evil thing hide! Good thing I have leather chaps from my horse riding days 😄

Does anyone here grow vegtables? I am dealing with saline soils so they are not yet ready for veg but I have some lovely herbs and strawberries by the front door that bring a beautiful aroma on the  breeze through the home 🙂

I don't have shade over my place and some of my plants are struggling, but we can have some here

Image result for shade

Hello @CheerBear  @Former-Member @Maggie  @OneofUs  @Shaz51 

wow @frog , that is beautiful xx

Hello @CheerBear , @OneofUs , @Former-Member , @Maggie 

what kind of snake @OneofUs 

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm very much enjoying my gardening in our front yard. It gets me out in the sun and I'm loving our plants and flowers. 

Hi @Bentpole-01 .... 👋

I lost my garden last year, but I walk past some lovely ones on my way to and from uni.  That will have to do me for now ....

Hi @Faith-and-Hope , I'm sorry to hear about the loss. I've never had an interest in it before but my life is nothing like it used to be. I'm okay with that because even know I'm battling my head most days I accept that I'm on a journey. 

What sort of garden did you have? Do you live in a warm area?

Hi @Bentpole-01 

I had a beautiful bits-and-pieces-if-everything garden. I had a little bit of lawn, some paving, a small formal garden area with hedges and roses and a small water feature, and some wrought iron fencing.  I had a garden wall lined with pots and garden art and a few statues, and a trellis with a wind chime .....  and my kitchen window looked out on it all, or I would sit on the front steps sometimes, or at an outdoor table in the paved area.

Now we live in units with no garden, and no balcony area to even have pots ..... but last year a small bbq garden area was built out the front of our complex, so I do have that.

Hey @Faith-and-Hope 

Wow that's an amazing sounding garden. It gives me a thought of peace and calm. It must if been hard to give it up and move?

We moved into a 3 bedroom house with a full backyard and front yard too. There's three garden beds out the front, I have never been interested in it but the first day we saw the place I said that was my first project. We have a mixture of plants in them like Yakkas, Cordylines and a range of succulents. 

My partner is just as interested as me, she has just started a veggie garden around the side of the house, it's not as big but has more shade so it suits it well.

I have found it to be a positive way of stopping my thoughts. I love the sun and being physical too. I have put about 12m of edging in and about 12+ bags of red cypress mulch. 

I don't like rainy days because I can't get out in the garden.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.