Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

@TAB  I'm in bed.  Just scrolling the net until I fall asleep 

fair enough @Angels333  I do the same; it's not supposed to help sleeping though lol

No, it's definitely a bad habit.   G'night xx

Hi. Thanks for the welcome.

I'm struggling with anxiety due to lack (next to no) of sleep from perimenopause. I've had breast cancer and can't take hrt so I'm a bit stuck for treatment. The worst part is feeling embarrassed and guilty about it and not wanting to screw up in front of my students, etc.

Take care everybody, most people are dealing with some problem, huh?

Hi and welcome to the forums @Gal007.  I had a brush with cancer of a different kind some time ago, and can definitely relate to the age range you are describing.  Can you find  any herbal teas to help with symptoms ?  Something with hibiscus in the ingredients might be useful .... perhaps worth asking your health provider ?  

Hi to all here @Mazarita @Adge @greenpea @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Sherry @Hamsolo01  @TAB @NNY @Zoe7 @Maggie @outlander @Meowmy @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope @Angels333 @The-red-centaur @Sofia @Sophia1 @Bimby2 @Snowie @Sans911 @Teej @Queenie @Exoplanet @Eden1919 @saturnzoon @octavia @Gazza75 @Scarecrowe @Doglover @Smc @Dec @frog @Molliex @cutiepiekitty  @Former-Member  and welcome to the forums @Gal007 @Kottafly @Former-Member @WriterMelb @catladybookworm @remymoo @Former-Member @_Capybara_ @Valentine @alyssajane @need2heal @Janeywhy @rye  if you're new and/or I haven't met you yet.  Anyone wanting to tag others I've missed here is welcome to do so.  I've been away for all up 3 1/2 weeks since Christmas so am just catching up with who's new.  Hopefully you are all finding your way around the forums ok and meeting some like-minded folk.

Just singing out to say I'm back from my trips away and hoping to catch up with some of  you here today.  For those who haven't seen this thread before, it's just a place to hang out on a Saturday, and fine to share in any way you choose to - from music and food to what's going on for you at the moment.  Maybe make some new friends and even find people with shared experiences.  Looking forward to meeting you if you're new to the forums and catching up with those I already know.

FYI I'm 56, have bipolar 1 and cPTSD and have had years of acute anxiety, major depression, social phobia and isolation but now have NDIS and am getting out a lot more.  I love writing and sometimes do live readings at the local art gallery.  As well as water tai chi and going to the beach.  I'm also in a womens group and have done presentations about dv and the cycle of abuse.  I really enjoy the forums, both giving and receiving support and having some lovely friendships.  I've been around since 2014 on and off.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArLJl6ijwJc

Image result for breakfast feast pictures

Take care all xx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF_vsC3vRtg

Loving Caiti Baker this morning!

Hi also to @Boot (can't tag you for some reason)  @Jacques  @Ant7 @Pingu @Smc @Silenus @Wanderer @BlueBay @utopia @oceangirl @Peri @TheVorticon  sorry I missed you.  Hope today is ok for all of you.  

Hello @eth 

Hey @Gal007 , @Angels333 , @FindingStrength , @Scoo , @Jay-e , @Angels333 , @Mrsjones , @Former-Member , @Determined , @Carlachris , @Former-Member , @Boo13 

Hi @Shaz51   how's today looking for you?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.