Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

Request

Hi, I am going to be taking a flight this Friday 7.30am to go to another city to see a psychiatrist for a formal diagnosis for dissociative identity disorder.  It's the first time taking a domestic flight, and travelling on my own.  I am going to be anxious and anxiety causes me to trance out and not think straight.  I'm wondering if anyone will be around to chat with, like travel with me, distract me for the couple of hours I will leave the house to my destination.  I think that describing what's going on, what I am seeing, etc, will stop me from dissociating.  Apparently I have to be there at 5.30 to fly out at 7.30!  I guess that means I will be leaving at 4.30am.  I must be crazy...lol.  No one has to commit, cause to be honest, I may not even remember writing this request.  🤞🤞🤞:face_with_rolling_eyes:🤦‍♀️🤪😂

31 REPLIES 31
Teej
Community Elder

Re: Request

That sounds like a great plan @Lemonjuice . I'm not much of a morning person and I don't want to put anyone on the spot and I know you wouldn't either but the early morning owls I'm aware of are @CheerBear , @Maggie , @greenpea . There are probably lots of others that I don't know as I'm not usually up 😂😜. Sometimes I'm going to sleep at that time so I'll jump on if I'm awake. Good luck with your trip. 

PS the first time I flew solo I nearly ended up in the poor guy next to mes lap I was full of anxiety. 😳🤦‍♀️

Lol

I’ll be around @Lemonjuice . Thanks for the tag @Teej .

I think I might be a lot like you @Teej . Never done a solo. Never want to.

I hope it goes ok @Lemonjuice . 💙💙💙💙

@Teej cool, thanks.  I know them.  Should be fun and hopefully, I don't end up in someone else's lap, lol.😳🤞

@Maggie thanks, see you then.

That's huge @Lemonjuice!

As @Teej said, I'm usually up at silly o'clock, often having coffee with @Maggie 🙂 You might also see @greenpea, @TAB, @Ant7 and more around in the mornings too.

Wishing you the best in getting ready for Friday (if there's much getting ready to do).
greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Lemonjuice  Hey Lemonjuice most days I am up around 2am. Fridays I tend to sleep in a bit more as it isnt my early morning walking day but tag me and if I am able I will be more than happy to take a trip with you :D. Sounds like fun actually. Love peaxx

@greenpea Hi, 2am!...glutton for punishment!  I don't think I could wake up for walking at any time of the day, let alone night.  No pressure.  I'm just going to hang and whoever is around.  It is kind of exciting.  I am scared though because I don't trust the others inside and omg what is he going to ask...breathe!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.